Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hitler's Liverpool Connection - All Reich, calm down!

Just watched it, youse Brits always were good at documentaries.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

The Hitler who lived in Upper Stanhope Street
    Aug 19 2006
    Mike Chapple, Daily Post

A BROADWAY play about the Liverpool-born nephew of Adolf Hitler has taken New York by storm and could be coming this side of the Atlantic in the New Year.

"Play Liverpool? I don't see why not. I'd be honoured to take it anywhere where people found his character interesting," said 34-year-old New York-born playwright Mark Kassen.

He has based his latest work Little Willy on the life of William Patrick Hitler, who was born in 1911 and grew up in Upper Stanhope Street, Toxteth.

The son of the Fuhrer's half brother Alois and Irish-born Bridget Dowling, legend has it that Adolf himself stayed at the family home in Liverpool between November, 1912 and April, 1913. According to Bridget's diaries: "He would often come and sit in my cosy little kitchen playing with my two-year-old baby, while I was preparing our meals.

"He used to spread maps out on tables or the floor and pore over them for hours. He would never hesitate to interrupt my housework to explain how Germany was going to take its rightful position in the world."

More...

It's great to see another production with Liverpool links making it big on Broadway.

FKoE

Vee vill take over the verld

Blog Entries

It's facinating, enjoying the thread. Thanks
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default Hitler's Liverpool connection

Mike Royden mentions the connection but I didn't think it was this recent, I actually thought he killed himself in his bunker?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Session swastika.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	549.4 KB 
ID:	821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funny Hitler.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	822  

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    William Patrick Hitler was baptised at St. Patrick's church on Park Place Liverpool 8 by Monsr Curry. Monsr Curry died in 1979 dropping dead in Paradise St - he was at one church all his life. He also told corny jokes. The church records clearly show the baptism of William Patrick.

Royden dismisses Bridget Hitlers claim that Hitler came Liverpool as fantasy - Hitler denied it, as he did with many parts of his past. Many thought there is no reason to hide the fact he went to Liverpool to stay with his brother, so assume he never went to Liverpool. Bridget was always adamant that Adolph did visit when questioned a few times on this point. Researchers have put a gap in Hitler’s life at the time Bridget says he was in Liverpool - Bridget would not know this. He was dodging the Austrian army, so embarrassing to say where he was at the time. This gives Bridget’s claim that Hitler was in Liverpool some real meat.

As there is no firm evidence to say Hitler was not in Liverpool atb the time, the evidence suggests he was in Liverpool.

i too was baptised by mnsr curry @st patricks (cant beleive i came that close to hitler)!

Default The Kensington Hitler Diaries-I was Hitler's Lodger

There is story about Hitler's visit told by one of his brother's lodgers from the early 20th

www.kensingtonvision.org go to the entertainment section

Old (****s) Richards tales of Haunted Kensington

well worth a read

Default Mike Royden-My part in his downfall

interested to see Mike Royden in his Hitler Uniform,I never knew he harboured such meglomaniac thoughts when he was in 4 gamma at wade deacon grammar school in the 70's, come to think of ot he always "commandered" the front seats of the school bus. hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by SteveFaragher View Post
    interested to see Mike Royden in his Hitler Uniform,I never knew he harboured such meglomaniac thoughts when he was in 4 gamma at wade deacon grammar school in the 70's, come to think of ot he always "commandered" the front seats of the school bus. hmmmmm
    The little moustache should have been a dead giveaway.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Default Mike Royden's Stiffie

Yeah his stiff arm was a bit if giveaway too, didnt know mike had been killed in his bunker though, serves him right for moving from Halewood to "OVER THE WATER"

Default Nazi on the Mersey?

this seems to be a macarbe fairy tale. Sir Ian Kershaw, arguable the geatest authority in Hitler and Nazi Germany researched this and found that it hold no evidence, the truth being that at the time Hitler was ment to be in Liverpool (hiding from the Austrian army) he was infact in a hostel. Kershaw used the hostel's regisiter as proof of this.

Blog Entries

Und zo, der schweindhunds makes zer yokes abowd Mein Fuhrer ja? I am telling you zis,der Reich vill rize again from der ashes ,undt ve haf all of yous comedians addresses nicht wahr!!!?
    Stop vez der yokes now!
    Heil Me!!

P.S dat iss me behind mein fuhrers shoulder!!!

Hotlink for forums (1)

[img=http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9708/hitlerqk3.jpg]
    [img=http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9708/hitlerqk3.a415a2e24d.jpg] Hotlink for forums (2)

GREY WOLF - THE ESCAPE OF ADOLF HITLER.

According to this new book, the body discovered was not Hitler. He escaped to Argentina in a submarine - one did leave in 1945 on a 'secret mission'.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    GREY WOLF - THE ESCAPE OF ADOLF HITLER.

According to this new book, the body discovered was not Hitler. He escaped to Argentina in a submarine - one did leave in 1945 on a 'secret mission'.
    ....made a wrong turn,and ended up in Birkenhead???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast