Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liverpool Loop Line/Cycle Track (CLC)

The Childwall valley road bridge.

When I got back to Sainsburys on east Prescot road there was police there looking for two Alsation puppies that had escaped.First time I've ever seen a police prescence on the loop.

MarkA

They do police it from around spring to the beginning of autumn. As I said further up, sometimes they outnumber ordinary cyclists. You might not have recognised them as police as they're casually dressed with white t-shirts on and white cycle helmets, the only real give-a-way is the radio clipped on the back of their kecks.

theninesisters

Quote Originally Posted by MarkA View Post
    They do police it from around spring to the beginning of autumn. As I said further up, sometimes they outnumber ordinary cyclists. You might not have recognised them as police as they're casually dressed with white t-shirts on and white cycle helmets, the only real give-a-way is the radio clipped on the back of their kecks.
    I wonder if you cracked them on the back of the head as you rode past, they'd chase you aka Police Camera Action style - Smug Alistar Stewart would pop out of no-where in a suit and give a smug commentary: 'the bandit bike is now approaching Thomas Lane Tunnel in hot pursuit by two of the police's best cycling cops. This tunnel is notorious for being dark, and today is no exception'.

MarkA

Most of them look healthy enough to give a good chase. One though, you'd have to have been towing a pastie on a piece of string for him to even try. Even his mates were taking the p!$$ out of him.

As I've said before,I only use the Loop line first thing in the morning.So there is probably no need to police it that early in the morning as the ratboys are usually still in their manky pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jona76 View Post
    I bet we're all passing each other on the loop line thinking 'scally'

We should all wear yoliverpool.com stickers on our face!!

One day I'd love to actually walk from Childwall to Halewood - it's a tad far though I did most of it one time when getting a cracking puncture.

Picture is one of my fav places - the view from the track up to Childwall Church.
    Many years ago I did walk it from Halewood to Walton,in two separate trips. I was looking to see if anything was left of the old railway [apart from the stations] but the only things I saw were what may have been a trackside gradient marker and a "Do not trespass on the Railway" sign both around Childwall. Good walk though. I did also see a rabbit or two. The walk from Maghull to Formby is just as good...well slightly better scenery.

Dave.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234