Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 1980s & 1990s Liverpool.

Default The old st patricks junior school Hyslop Street.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    St Patrick's School is on Park Place, with the rear of it in Hyslop Street.
    Is that the one you mean?
    It's still there.
    Thanks for the reply but no it isn't. There was two boys schools. One had its entrance on Hyslop street. I know the building you mean, the one with St Patricks Social club is still there but the old boys schools was knocked down a few years ago and has been replaced by housing. It was a 3 story brick building that looked like a warehouse ha ha.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by goldenface View Post
    Thanks for the reply but no it isn't. There was two boys schools. One had its entrance on Hyslop street. I know the building you mean, the one with St Patricks Social club is still there but the old boys schools was knocked down a few years ago and has been replaced by housing. It was a 3 story brick building that looked like a warehouse ha ha.
    In answer to your original question:
    It's always worth while going to the Record Office at Central Library, and asking them if they have any photos of Hyslop Street.
    Take ID as you'll need to get a ticket to go into the Search Room.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Adelaide Place as the back of Gt Homer street facing Dryden Street. The next one is of Dryden street which is now flattened as part of project Jennifer. Tysons were residents here for many years. Moss street at the corner of Islington with Aspinalls floor coverings who seem to have been there forever and a waterfront devoid of all the skyscrapers going up now.
    on your 4th pic, the place looks so empty

Some demolition taking place in Liverpool 3.

The old D.Evans/Tapley premises which later incorporated the Dart public house as student accommodation is biting the dust on Fontennoy st for another high rise. There's one going up on the opposite corner too where the Australian pub used to be and they're turning the old St. Johns church sunday school hal into apartments too and calling them St. Patricks apartments.

The other shots are of the 1950s three high units being demolished on Juvenal Street. There's many more of these blocks to come down on Grosvenor street for new housing, most of which though will be private, so again, the local residents who have no hope of buying are moved on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dart demolfrom car park.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	452.4 KB 
ID:	1506   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	juvey demol from scotty 2.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	1507   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Juvey demol from juvey.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	503.5 KB 
ID:	1508  

PhilipG

Some demolition taking place in Liverpool 3.

The old D.Evans/Tapley premises which later incorporated the Dart public house as student accommodation is biting the dust on Fontennoy st for another high rise. There's one going up on the opposite corner too where the Australian pub used to be and they're turning the old St. Johns church sunday school hal into apartments too and calling them St. Patricks apartments.

The other shots are of the 1950s three high units being demolished on Juvenal Street. There's many more of these blocks to come down on Grosvenor street for new housing, most of which though will be private, so again, the local residents who have no hope of buying are moved on.

Great photos, Ged.
    Already historical.

It's mind-boggling to think that L3 goes all the way to the Herculaneum!
    To what was once Dingle Bank.

I didn't know that Phil. I thought L1 or 2 would have muscled in somewhere between L3 and L8 - I didn't imagine Parliament st or the South dock road being L3 still.

PhilipG

I didn't know that Phil. I thought L1 or 2 would have muscled in somewhere between L3 and L8 - I didn't imagine Parliament st or the South dock road being L3 still.
    It's all the South Docks, Ged.
    I'm pretty certain I'm right, but I'm going to take a walk down there now, and see if I can snap an L3 street sign with the casements (or are they casemates?).

PhilipG

Yes, it is L3.
    I've put 2 photos in the "Dingle Steps" thread.

PhilipG

Last edited by PhilipG; 03-19-2008 at 09:41 PM.

PhilipG

Last edited by PhilipG; 03-19-2008 at 09:42 PM.

PhilipG

Last edited by PhilipG; 03-19-2008 at 09:43 PM.

Steven

Superb photos mate. Thanks for sharing.

Great photies Phil. They really should have tried to do something with those old Dingle Hill houses - it's a travesty.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

PhilipG

Great photies Phil. They really should have tried to do something with those old Dingle Hill houses - it's a travesty.
    I did try, Ged.
    I was in touch with English Heritage and told them that 2 of the 4 semi-detached villas were Listed, which accounted for 4 different addresses.
    I tried to reason that all 4 of the blocks should be Listed, being before the 1840s and being the oldest houses between Town & St Michaels.
    They sent somebody out to photo them, but in the end they said they were too far gone.
    The usual excuse!

Steven

Look on the bright side. At least they are starting work on the Florry

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast