Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Kings Waterfront project

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    They've been saying for ages now the attendance was 10,124,now they tell us it's 9,000 really but it may be 10,700,it's going to be great don't get me wrong but 12,500 would have been perfect I reckon.
    Not sure how the 'addition' of 1'700 or 500 or whatever "catapults the Arena into a whole new league." Silly. It was either designed big enough or not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teardrop Explodes View Post
    Not sure how the 'addition' of 1'700 or 500 or whatever "catapults the Arena into a whole new league." Silly. It was either designed big enough or not.
    No neither am I,Manchesters second biggest indoor arena is bigger than this.

Blog Entries

Yep. It is too small and in the wrong place. It should have been on the quays of Queens Dock on the land side (Dock Rd obliterated at this point) with its own rail station served by the Wapping Tunnel and road via Parliament Street.

Look at the plan below. They are putting the chara-bancs on the river front. Yes, on the riverfront. This poorly conceived abomination is a poorly executed money making racket that will add little value to the city and docks waters.

http://www.christiesestates.com/inde...ownload&gid=22

With little thought we could have had everything.
    Last edited by Waterways; 12-28-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

I think you'll find there's plenty of room back there to maintain the maintain the walkway and for the for the coaches to be screened by a row of trees or somesuch.

I wouldn't mind an overhead pic to make sure, but I think that plan gives a slightly misleading impression of the amount of space down there.

Not according to its own website, which lists capacity as 9,000 seats.

Some new pictures taken of the arena. Seems to be progressing, but still no seats put in yet! Managed to find roof access too...

Great pics as usual Snappel, take care lah.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

....specially in these high winds, pics are fab as usual
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Snappel, just love all your pics pal!
    Thanks

Cheers guys! Just as we were coming down off the roof, the winds really picked up, so we timed it just about right.

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    Cheers guys! Just as we were coming down off the roof, the winds really picked up, so we timed it just about right.
    timed it? dont pretend you can control the weather , nice pics though. You should be extra careful, aren't you worried after hearing the recent news?

Unless all the city's cranes and high buildings are connected by an elaborate system of pulleys and ropes, I'm fairly confident that no more will fall down!! In fact, the stadium was the backup plan after our crane climbing plans that night were shelved thanks to a padlocked hatch halfway up.

The thing is, nothing is ever going to be 100% safe, it's all about calculating the risk. I think exceptional circumstances were to blame for that crane falling down. The 140m Beetham West crane has taken a battering from the winds, but still stands firm. If another one goes down, then I might start getting worried!

Go-ahead for flats scheme

A DEAL to buy land for 429 apartments at Liverpool’s Kings Waterfront development has been reached.

The 50-50 joint venture involving developers David McLean and City Lofts has paid land owner English Partnerships £17.6m for the plot at the south west corner of Kings Dock, next to Queens Dock.

The two partners expect to spend a total of £90m on creating three apartment blocks.

He said he expects their scheme to go on site in August or September this year.

Councillors were shown round for the first time today,with Flo CLucas saying the city should go for the G8 summit. Would be great to raise Liverpool's profile but can't see police putting up with the hassle somehow, Condoleeza Rice's visit caused enough disruption.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/l...name_page.html

I'm not sure I understand. Are the two separate halves of the arena different things?

I mean, is the stadium not the whole lot - or is one half the stadium and the other this conference centre?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast