Those of us born in September 45 at Sefton General were given a mug and a scroll by the Lord Mayor-they called us Victory babies. Don't know what happened to those mementoes. As a Tunnel roader you may remember the old cinema on Tunnel road? Might have been called the Tunnel? I know it became a second hand furniture store in it's later years (70's) and I had returned home from the Army then and taken a job driving for Times Furnishing on Lord street. ( where the Burger King is today!) me and my van man, an old guy called Bozzy (Johnny Bostock) used to take any old furniture we gained to this place and make a few bob.-recycling before it was invented! While on about cinemas in the area I remember seeing Elvis in Blue Hawaii at the Rialto at the top of Smithdown rd, with a pal of mine, Geoff Kneen who lived on Alderton Rd off Smithdown. I also managed to visit the Cameo as well, before it closed down.
Good point about the cemetery high jinks too. None of us ever visited here with vandalism in mind- it was just a nice quiet place to escape to, especially if you had skived off school- you could get picked up wandering round Sefton park during School time, but no one ever found you in the cemetery!