Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Toilets/Conveniences

There were two shops on that block.
    Starting at the corner of Suburban rd, there was the record shop called 'Kittos' - they sold sweets and icecream too. We used to love that shop 'cos you could buy your records at the same time as buying your sweets with your pocket money

There were a couple of houses, then another shop on the next corner of the entry and the Bowlie. This shop was called 'Erics' and sold everything from soap powder to potatoes.

Those toilets were almost next door to the shop ! More in line with the backyard of the shop though.

Come to think of it, they must have had to endure the pong going over into their backyard and kitchen window !

The shops were closed and turned into houses many years back, the row of houses are still there - - but not the toilets, thankfully !!

I remember the shop owners very well. I remember Mr & Mrs Kitto.
    Also Eric and his wife and daughter Yvonne.

[QUOTE=lindylou;79225]There were two shops on that block.
    Starting at the corner of Suburban rd, there was the record shop called 'Kittos' - they sold sweets and icecream too. We used to love that shop 'cos you could buy your records at the same time as buying your sweets with your pocket money

There were a couple of houses, then another shop on the next corner of the entry and the Bowlie. This shop was called 'Erics' and sold everything from soap powder to potatoes.

Those toilets were almost next door to the shop ! More in line with the backyard of the shop though. http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/new...streply&t=3002

Come to think of it, they must have had to endure the pong going over into their backyard and kitchen window !

Yes that is the one. Were I lived in Winchester it was just up the road
    as it was for you. I remember the shops and going in there.. Long time
    ago now.. Got a good memory though

The Catharine Street conveniences as 'Eatwell Takeaway' - SEP 2007
    My Merseyside StreetView photos on flickr

The Toilets at Livingston Dr /Aigburth Rd have been withdrawn from the auction list , Wonder if it's been sold prior to Auction ,
    Karen

chippie

someone must have been p***** off waiting for it to open ha ha

PhilipG

Default Paradise Inconvenience.

Last edited by PhilipG; 01-20-2008 at 07:43 PM.

There use to be some underground toilets at the intersection of Everton rd, West Derby rd and Brunswick rd opposite the old Hippodrome cinema by Grant gardens

Default Roscoe's

Well this is a very interesting thread indeed! It's very sad that most of the public conveniences have now closed but this is due to the vandalism etc.

I can say that I used to use the Roscoe Street conveniences quite frequently on my way to and from work. It was wuite a part of my daily routine, leave for work, get a paper and a pint of milk and pop into the Roscoe's, reading my Post while I make my delivery... I even met my first wife shortly after leaving the Roscoe's one afternoon, sitting on the steps at St. Luke's as we both ate our lunch, Summer 1989...

Sad news the day they closed down.

It doesn't surprise me that they are now closed as many times during my daily / twice daily visits I have witnessed a stray log (i.e. one that missed the pan). I also witnessed a group of lads deliberately draining their bladders on the tiled floors and even a man delivering a log into a urinal because he would not wait for a sit down to become available.

Pure filth these people - - - Blame them for the closure of the publics.

May I also say that I never had the fortune of using the Derby Square conveniences but how proud I would have been to make a delivery in there.

PhilipG

They were all closed down because the Council wouldn't continue financing them.
    Lime Street Station have just started charging 30p.
    It always used to be free!

It is sad to think that you should have to pay 30p (or any price for that matter) just to deliver muck. After all it's only nature. I've a feeling that this, in time there will be a massive problem with log dropping in the street. At the moment, a few conveniences still remain but it won't be long til they have all closed.

I used to actually feel quite at home when making a delivery at the Roscoe's, I got used to the feel of the cheap toilet paper, got used to the smell, even got to know some of the regular Roscoe users and the cleaner.

I spent a lot of time over the years 'on the pans' and at the urinals of the Roscoe's. We will never see their like again.

VSRY SAD

You could even use the toilet paper to trace the cartoons out of the morning paper and upon realising you'd used the last piece of tracing/toilet paper you could then use the morning paper to actually wipe your arse.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Cadfael

This thread really has reached the bottom now!

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    This thread really has reached the bottom now!
    Skid Row perhaps?

Did any of these bogs have advertising posters up inside, maybe for the Star trek film or something because I remember someone shouting and swearing about klingons?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Wellll Warra youse men like !

you'd never find us ladies talking about .. whispers the word " log "
    Logs indeed .

Oh nearly forgot what i poopped on here for .
    Livingston Dr " Loo " SOLD £92.000

Karen x

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast