Thread: Garden Festival '84

Default Garden Festival '84

A couple of pic's from the Garden Festival, in 1984!The last one's good,as it looks like the waterfall is hitting the young girl!!

Am I right in thinking you could get there on the ferry?? Seem to remember a couple of mates and myself deciding to pay a visit but got delayed in the Liverpool Arms (or the Mona as it was then) for a few hours and then ended up in Seacombe sampling the hospitality in a local hostelry.

Quote Originally Posted by gynsman View Post
    Am I right in thinking you could get there on the ferry?? Seem to remember a couple of mates and myself deciding to pay a visit but got delayed in the Liverpool Arms (or the Mona as it was then) for a few hours and then ended up in Seacombe sampling the hospitality in a local hostelry.
    Yeh,that's right! There was a small docking area,not far from the entrance,but only the gates are still there now,I think?

I went with my parents and my Nan, and we got caught in the Typoon or Hurricane, or whatever it was, all got soaked through but talked about it with a laugh for years.

"Trust us to go on that day" sorta thing