Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pearson's of Liverpool

theninesisters

I may have my directions slightly out but the picture below, would the chimney in the centre of the picture be about right??

This is taken from the top of Grinfield Street!
    Last edited by theninesisters; 03-23-2007 at 07:59 PM.

theninesisters

Home James used to have a 'showroom' or 'shop' opposite the Clock Tower in Wavertree. I've got a Video from a conversion of a Cine film from 1969 showing a Liverpool outing on one of these coaches, a lovely 6 wheeler jobbie too!

Default ?

Could be the chimney! There was also another block of flats neraby, which looked almost identical in design but one block had balconies, the other didn't.

Default Pearson's

Well, thanks to this site and the wonderful people that we have met over the internet or personally, the draft book has been more or less finished.

theninesisters

Is Alan out of hospital yet? I've sent him an e-mail and a new contract but had no response yet - hope all is ok?

Default Book orders and photos

This is the link please to the new book index:

http://home.btconnect.com/trans-pennine-pu/id91.html

There you can see some thumbnails and also downloadable large-scale photos. There is one that aptly illustrates what happened after the blitz rubble had been cleared.

If you would like to reserve a copy of the book when it is published, please use the form:

http://home.btconnect.com/trans-pennine-pu/id93.html

theninesisters

I can guarentee this is going to be a fantastic book - and will be very quickly snapped up. I had the pleasure of meeting the MD of Transpennine Publishing at Sony along with his family to determine where locations were in and around Edge Hill.

Due to build a website on the promotion, Alan sent me over 250 pictures on a DVD, each being about 4mb each. I have been trawling through these pictures and they are utterly amazing! Once I have the website up and running, I am planning to have a 'now and then' section of the the same photo in 2007 - some buildings are still surviving and seeing hundreds of tanks and trucks sitting along a main road in Liverpool is just eye popping!

Default Pearsons

Is that the Pearsons that completed some buses for Liverpool transport on Weymann bodyframes around 1950?

Rob

Default Bus bodies

Yes they did! I have seen a copy of a COMMERCIAL MOTOR page around 1950 showing a bus just delivered to the Corporation. However I gather by 1951 the bodybuilding business had finished and the company became a coach business instead. although they must have still had a car dealership.

Default PEARSONS BUS BODIES

I'll try and dig a few Pearsons bus photos from our archives for you. Basically Lpool Corpy Transport used to purchase part completed body frames from Weymann or later Crossley and complete the coach work locally to keep the bus/tram works busy. Around 1949/50 they were getting a backlog so some were farmed out for completion to Pearsons , Blakes , and Aero & Engineering (Hooton Airfield)
    I've included a later photo (copyright from MPTE) showing an AEC Regent 5 with Crossley body framing awaiting finishing in Edge Lane Bus Works.

Regards Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gsob pics 033a.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	624.4 KB 
ID:	3042  

theninesisters

When I get permission to show the Pictures I've got from the Pearsons forthcoming books, I'll attach about 20 pictures of buses that are very luxurious inscribed with 'Coachwork by Pearsons of Liverpool!

Default Pearson's

Better still, please place an order for a copy of the book so that we can get cracking!

http://www.transpenninepublishing.co.uk

There will only be a limited print run.

Default PEARSONS BUS BODIES

Jona Great look forward to the pics.

AND Oracle I've placed an order

Regards

Rob

Gerard

Have you chaps seen this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1533&rd=1&rd=1

Any good ??

Default BOOK

thanks a lot for the thought Gerard, but i have all the volumes. All a very good read.

Kind regards

Rob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast