Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More buildings around Liverpool

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
    Looking at that pic Philip, it looks as if the archway is seperate from the house, and in a different style
    It's definitely part of the same house.
    I took another photo framing the front door in the arch
    (but I'm not happy with it, so I'm not going to post it).

MissInformed

thanks philip
    i badly wanna go research in the archives for this one, cos I am very intrigued!
    But am in work all week....darn!

The Tower, viewed from Pall Mall with the old Bradford Hotel on the left and the new office building on Tithebarn street to the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tower from pall mall.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1561  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T0nrqdj04

My second video, contains pictures I have taken of warehouses, set to some Bach. The end sequence is supposed to be the view you get when you leave Lime Street on the train, in case anyone wonders
    Last edited by Liverpolitan; 02-27-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpolitan View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-T0nrqdj04

My second video, contains pictures I have taken of warehouses, set to some Bach. The end sequence is supposed to be the view you get when you leave Lime Street on the train, in case anyone wonders
    A fine video. Maybe the music could be abit more uplifting though.

Quote Originally Posted by A. D. Williams View Post
    A fine video. Maybe the music could be abit more uplifting though.
    Thanks A.D. As regards the music though, if I was told I was going deaf overnight, and had to choose the last pieces of music I would hear, I'd probably include that one - I find it sublime, and the ending could surely not be more uplifting? The old warehouses are....well.. decrepid mostly, largely unloved and under threat, so I thought that tune was reasonably upbeat in the circusmstances. But, I will try to put some rather more upbeat music on my next "video" (they are not really videos, I realise more slide-shows). Any particular music you think would go well with such scenes?
    Last edited by Liverpolitan; 02-27-2007 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpolitan View Post
    Thanks A.D. As regards the music though, if I was told I was going deaf overnight, and had to choose the last pieces of music I would hear, I'd probably include that one - I find it sublime, and the ending could surely not be more uplifting? The old warehouses are....well.. decrepid mostly, largely unloved and under threat, so I thought that tune was reasonably upbeat in the circusmstances. But, I will try to put some rather more upbeat music on my next "video" (they are not really videos, I realise more slide-shows). Any particular music you think would go well with such scenes?
    Maybe something jolly like the Washington Post by Sousa or Enigma Variations by Elgar?
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
    Thats fantastic Philip!
    Thank you so much for even researching that much for me!

The archway looks pretty old but the actual plaque/crest itself looks alot newer I think.

A vicarage? interesting...
    The archway looks to be in a Gothic Revival style, comparable to the architecture in St. Michaels-in-the-Hamlet.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345