Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Grave in Old Swan

The graves were there, but just how much fact made it into Slemen's story is debatable.

Default Wood that wouldnt burn

Ive had some of that jsut ately, left it out in me yard, pee'ed down, bloody stuff wouldnt burn, er think it was a bit damp, or it could have been spring heel jack/timeslip/the man playing cards in the pyramid/the cone of power

never let the facts get in the way of a good "folk" tale

coming soon.....

Harry de Fazackerly''s tales of Haunted Alt Valley

MarkA

I remember Slemen's tale that encompassed the St. Oswald's burial site (St Oswald's Street - Edge Lane Drive - Broad Green Road) that was about an underground rumbling if I'm not mistaken. As a church-goer, I used to attend St. Oswald's (now I go to St. Paul's) and the current priest, who's about to leave, used to regularly profess that there were dark things happening in the parish.

Why didn't he just put the lights on then. I'm always suspicious of Derek 'Sam' Akorah or Yvette 'Screaming' Fielding doing their bizz in the dark?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

MarkA

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Why didn't he just put the lights on then. I'm always suspicious of Derek 'Sam' Akorah or Yvette 'Screaming' Fielding doing their bizz in the dark?
    I watched a live show of theirs once and was monitoring their webcams at the same time as I wanted to know what went on during the advert breaks. Anyway, they were doing the ouija glass on a table without much luck. Out came the furniture polish to polish the table so they could move the glass easier. Someone then realised that the webcam was still monitoring them, some swearing, then someone conveniently blocked the view by standing in front of the webcam.

To right. Most Haunted, what a laugh with Fielding saying, " did you see that"
    as one of the camera crew pushed a chair over...

Helllllloooo is there any b-o-d-y there??????

'OH Derek, err I mean Sam, the ouija thing's moving, who's there????

M
    R

Ooh i'm pooing myself, come on who is it, who is it?????

S
    H
    E
    E
    N

Default mass graves

ivvvy ivvvy get him out of me ivvvy

i must admit though it is boring without derek
    BRING BACK DEREK ACOURAH

Helllllloooo is there any b-o-d-y there??????

'OH Derek, err I mean Sam, the ouija thing's moving, who's there????

M
    R

Ooh i'm pooing myself, come on who is it, who is it?????

S
    H
    E
    E
    N
    Hilarious, who needs sit-coms

Just been reading a piece by some Mancunian /Irish git. Who reckons that the Mass graves were of Irish Immigrants fleeing from the Potato Famine. He reckons the children were taken away and then the sick adults were put in camps in Old Swan and then later taken to the grave site and shot. What a load of SH**. Typical bloody rebel rousing fanatical crap, mind you what else would you expect from a Mancunian. He wrote it in the Manchester Irish broadsheet. Bloody Rag ought to be burnt.

I know, fancy taking the trouble to put them in coffins with name plates on them, buried in some sort of order too

I think 'customhouse' is more interested in airing his views on Mancs and Irish people.

For the record though, that theory is a load of rubbish. Death camps and mass murder in Old Swan? I sincerely doubt it.

Wrong Schnappel.
    I happen to be first generation Liverpool Irish.The point I was making is that the writer is a rabble rouser spouting garbage, and the fact that he is Manchester based with their record of love for Merseyside, is a possible explanation for the filth he came out with.

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by customhouse View Post
    Just been reading a piece by some Mancunian /Irish git. Who reckons that the Mass graves were of Irish Immigrants fleeing from the Potato Famine. He reckons the children were taken away and then the sick adults were put in camps in Old Swan and then later taken to the grave site and shot. What a load of SH**. Typical bloody rebel rousing fanatical crap, mind you what else would you expect from a Mancunian. He wrote it in the Manchester Irish broadsheet. Bloody Rag ought to be burnt.
    There was a rumour that the grave contained bodies poor Irish settlers. though im sure they would have just dug a hole for them and tossed them in giving little thought to any care.

St James cemetery next to St Georges hall had to be cleared for the new construction of the gardens. this would make sense as if they had to move so many bodies in coffins then an area like Old Swan could accomodate them. but i guess we will never know the real reason.

still it puts food on Slemens table all this guessing

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast