Default The Pool of Life ...CARL JUNG Photography and me

g

ADVERTISING

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Nice one Jacky.

Debra

Here's one of my favourite Carl Jung quotes :

(Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.)
    (carl Jung.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Here's one of my favourite Carl Jung quotes :

(Nobody, as long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life, is without trouble.)
    (carl Jung.
    probably true that Debra.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacky gunnion View Post
    Art as therapy

me old mate Carl Jung proposed that Art could be used to alleviate or contain feelings of trauma, fear, or anxiety and also to repair, help restore and heal. In my work with service users at the Royal hospital (Liverpool ) and in my own personal explorations ... .While still at "uni" for my photography thesis i wrote that "art expression and images found in dreams could be helpful in recovering from trauma and emotional distress". I help my service users to use photography, as a tool in which to view the world, and at times of emotional distress, which is recognized as recreational. A strand of Dance Movement Therapy named Authentic Movement by its creator, Mary Starks Whitehouse, was developed after several years of undergoing jungian analysis, through applying -and slightly adapting- Jung's techniques of Active Imagination to movement. and so with these jungian techniques, I started MY LIFE,S JOURNEY..
    .................................................. ................................................
    ON.. CARL JUNG

Contrary to some sources,[p8] { Scottie press }[misremembered thoughts ]{:June 2002:}.. Jung did not visit Liverpool but recorded a dream in which he had, and of which he wrote "Liverpool is the pool of life, it makes to live." As a result a statute of Jung was erected in Mathew Street in 1987, but being made of bronze, was stolen and scrapped and replaced by a more durable plastic version in 1993.
    A bit off thread Jacky,but do you remember the dolphin,in the fridge, a bit further up the street? when you opened the door,a light came on. ( an "Ocean" O'Halligan connection!)
    Last edited by wsteve55; 03-02-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: amnesia