Thread: What was the first film you saw at the Cinema ?

Default What was the first film you saw at the Cinema ?

What was the first film you saw at the Cinema? Not including childrens Matinees.

The first film I saw was The Young Ones, with Cliff Richards. I also remember going to the cinema with my mum to watch The Sound Of Music. (Think that was the one and only time I ever went the cinema with her).

Blog Entries

The Sound of Music was not my first, though I was dragged along to see it four or five times. A fact which puzzles me to this day.
    Come to think of it the Von Trapps loomed large in the house for years and years. Mother was that way inclined.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindac8941 View Post
    What was the first film you saw at the Cinema? Not including childrens Matinees.

The first film I saw was The Young Ones, with Cliff Richards. I also remember going to the cinema with my mum to watch The Sound Of Music. (Think that was the one and only time I ever went the cinema with her).
    Went every week in my early teens and don't remember which was first. Sound of Music was certainly an early one for me - my Mum was taking her parents as a birthday treat and my Dad was ill so I was made to go to use up the ticket - my Mum had booked ahead.
    For many years after my favourite teenage fantasy (OK, it lasted much longer than that) involved Julie Andrews in a nun's habit!

I remember being dragged along with my older cousins to an Elvis film !!, also Mary Poppins was one of the first with Mum and Dad than Mum took me to see Sound of Music and I was so upset Julie Andrews didnt play "Poppins" again !!...
    The last film I went to see with Mum and Dad was LIve and let die !, I think it was the last time my Dad ever went near a "picture house" again !!..

Blog Entries

Aloha Hawia an Elvis Presley film. We thought it was great....

Default my first film

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Aloha Hawia an Elvis Presley film. We thought it was great....
    Hi all, mine was carry on up the Kyber 1968, funny then and funny now, well sort of,,happy days
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxX7Y...eature=related

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytx3 View Post
    Hi all, mine was carry on up the Kyber 1968, funny then and funny now, well sort of,,happy days
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxX7Y...eature=related
    Ha, it's about as funny as toothache now. Funny how some comedy just kinda dies over time. Some of the other Carry Ons are still funny though.

First one I remember,was "Ben Hur" at the Astoria,in Walton rd! I'd been to see others before,in a cinema in Scotland rd,which is still there,but used as something else! (can't remember what?)

jennie

Yes, the Sound of Music was the first film I saw. I remember being taken by my mum and dad after a day at school. The next film they took me to watch was Jaws. What a let down, every time the shark appeared on the screen the huge hand of my dad covered my eyes.Now what was the point of taking me.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jennie View Post
    Yes, the Sound of Music was the first film I saw. I remember being taken by my mum and dad after a day at school. The next film they took me to watch was Jaws. What a let down, every time the shark appeared on the screen the huge hand of my dad covered my eyes.Now what was the point of taking me.
    Have you seen the missing parts since ? LOL

Blog Entries

Thw first film I saw was at the Gaumont, Dingle, in 1937. I was taken by my Grandparents and the film was "San Fransisco" starring Jeanette McDonald, Clark Gable and Spenser Tracy. I have been told that it was the first film shown there.
    During the war, if there was an air raid the cinema stayed open for people to wait for the "all clear" and sometimes the organist would stay and everyone would have a singalong.
    In that area there were four cinemas including the Gaumont... The Beresford Park Road, The Mayfair(with the lovely curtai n) and the Rivoli in Aigburth Road. All gone and we're left with the telly!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennie View Post
    Hi Jennie,
    just thinking,if that was typical,you've got lots of films to catch up on!

Blog Entries

Saw my first Dracula film at the Mayfair.

Quote Originally Posted by vejomast View Post
    Thw first film I saw was at the Gaumont, Dingle, in 1937. I was taken by my Grandparents and the film was "San Fransisco" starring Jeanette McDonald, Clark Gable and Spenser Tracy. I have been told that it was the first film shown there.
    During the war, if there was an air raid the cinema stayed open for people to wait for the "all clear" and sometimes the organist would stay and everyone would have a singalong.
    In that area there were four cinemas including the Gaumont... The Beresford Park Road, The Mayfair(with the lovely curtai n) and the Rivoli in Aigburth Road. All gone and we're left with the telly!!!!!

jennie

more times than i can remember, thanks Zap