Thread: the adventure playground /hoppy gdns the bents and brit

Blog Entries

Thumbs up the adventure playground /hoppy gdns the bents and brit

kinny on wall in the adventure playground late 80,s ,
    image from dave sinclair liverpool on flickr brilliant images of vauxhall,or generically speaking scotty road

Debra

I can't see anyone , are they camoflauged ?? spelled wrong ..

Blog Entries

painted on wall

Debra

Quote Originally Posted by jacky gunnion View Post
    painted on wall
    Oh ...hahaha , i was looking for a person ..

Blog Entries

the bents pub ,oh mordor of my youth,like the carter mens corner by the parrot pub the bents was our corner the the cornermen 70,s style,check out dave sinclair liverpool on flickr ,late 80s but great

Blog Entries

It would appear the Morgan murder was caused by a loosely-related group of youths, whereas more sinister organised gangs started to appear in Liverpool about a decade later.

From the street gangs came the Hibernians, Dead Rabbits and Cornermen, often fuelled by sectarian religious intolerance.

Most infamous was the High Rip gang, who stabbed a sailor to death, in 1884. This gang was supposed to be organised and that caused an extra fear for the law-abiding citizens of Liverpool.

"There were small organised groups with their own codes and hand signals and an oath, but such was the public obsession with the High Rip Gang that at one point, every violent crime seemed to be attributed to them," says Michael.

"Newspapers, led by the Daily Post, couldn't publish enough bloodthirsty tales of the gang. Typical headlines included 'High Rip Terrorism', 'High Ripping in Marybone' and 'The High Rip Outrage at Aintree'."

Debra

Quote Originally Posted by jacky gunnion View Post
    the bents pub ,oh mordor of my youth,like the carter mens corner by the parrot pub the bents was our corner the the cornermen 70,s style,check out dave sinclair liverpool on flickr ,late 80s but great
    I had to go and collect my Dad from the Bents many a time , i used to feel ashamed when everyone would be on the corner .. That was around 1974'75 i should imagine .. maybe it was later ..

the name of the bents was the ship it burned down the brit was freds good pubs we meet ther before going to the gem happy days

Debra

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post
    the name of the bents was the ship it burned down the brit was freds good pubs we meet ther before going to the gem happy days
    That's right teepee, my Dad's mate owned it

Debra

Anyway , where is Jacky ??