Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1661

Thread: Pubs of Liverpool and Merseyside

Blog Entries

Nothing else for it Jo, you will just have to begin your own site.

Quote Originally Posted by JoHalewood View Post
    Sorry guys. It just loooks as though Gregs Dad puts photos directly on here as inserts, whilst others do put in web links. And thanks az_gila, but I don't get any tabs in the pop up window. It only asks for a URL. Aaaaargh!

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Az_gila - I was using the quick reply, and now that I'm looking at the advanced reply, I see the options available there, so I'll have a go!

Lets see if this works

Attachment 17999

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Yes it does. Sort of....If you click the attachment you should see a photo of what I think is 30 Mill Street - The Alton Towers.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

Hi Ouedis

Did I do it??

Hi Marky

Does this look like the picture on p15 "A pub on every corner Volume 2: South Liverpool". It's out of print so I can't check, but my cousin is looking for a copy in the Library

Blog Entries

This, sadly, is what I get from the link...

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Sorry, can't see it yet.

Has it been demolished!!

[IMG][/IMG]

The Seacombe Ferry pub
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

BLACKSTOCK STREET WAR MEMORIAL - 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF AIR RAID - SUNDAY 19TH DECEMBER 2010.

Spike, aka Tony or is it the other way around has been trying to find if anything is planned for this and has asked me to post this here on his behalf.

Ok here goes.

No events are planned to mark what is the 70th Anniversary of the Blaclstock Gardens Bombing. Over 70 people died on this tragic night.

I talked to Father Dunne at Our Lady's church Eldon street. He has told me that nobody has asked for any kind of service. He says he is willing to hold a service next year, however this sunday is now booked up for him.

Ged rang the Scottie Press. I have also contacted them. They seem less than interested.

Ged rang the Old Eldonians twice, no calls returned. I rang, Nothing back.

Ged then found an old number for Billy Bellis. One of the survivors of the bombing who lost most of his family that night. He rang and was told that Billy sadly passed away in January. However he spoke to Billy wife Lily who has asked to be kept informed on details. Lily layed a wreath at the memorial earlier this week. She also told Ged the the 4 people who organised events in the past 12 years have all now died.

Ged emailed Roger Phillips on Radio Merseyside wh read out the email. So at least the Radio mentioned it.

I have emailed the Liverpool Echo in hope they may print something about the story.

So we are left with no event. So its up to us now.

Me and Ged will be at the memorial from 11.am this Sunday, 19th December. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome. There is no service taking place. Its just to remember those that died that tragic night.

The Memorial is situated at the bottom of Blackstock Street. Its on Vauxhall road right by the college. A tall steel monument.

We know that its the last Sunday before Christmas, We know the Snow may turn up. But if you can make it then please do. If you can not then please visit the memorial page on the website at

http://liverpoolremembrance.weebly.c...k-shelter.html

Lest keep the memory going.

Thank you All

Tony and Ged

I can pick anyone up (within reason) and perhaps have a mosey over to nearby Bentinck street where many perished under the arches during the same air raid as this Blackstock Gardens tragedy. Also in this area are other sites of historical interest if anyone wants to go. Maybe a cuppa or pint about noon somewhere along Tithebarn st or wherever.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Hi Ged

I cannot be in Liverpool for this memorial but I will be there with you and Tony in spirit.

P.S. any chance of getting Tony aka Spike back here? He is missed.

C
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Yes, Spike come back please

Default Rubbish at posting photos

Quote Originally Posted by Oudeis View Post
    This, sadly, is what I get from the link...

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"
    GRRRRRR!!!

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Sorry, can't see it yet.
    GRRRR Again!

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Has it been demolished!!
    My cousin got the book from the Library and it is the same pub as the one that we have a photo of with my Mum and her sister outside......... the photo that I just can't get on this website!! Thanks again Marky for the info.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    BLACKSTOCK STREET WAR MEMORIAL - 70TH ANNIVERSARY OF AIR RAID - SUNDAY 19TH DECEMBER 2010.

Spike, aka Tony or is it the other way around has been trying to find if anything is planned for this and has asked me to post this here on his behalf.

Ok here goes.

No events are planned to mark what is the 70th Anniversary of the Blaclstock Gardens Bombing. Over 70 people died on this tragic night.

I talked to Father Dunne at Our Lady's church Eldon street. He has told me that nobody has asked for any kind of service. He says he is willing to hold a service next year, however this sunday is now booked up for him.

Ged rang the Scottie Press. I have also contacted them. They seem less than interested.

Ged rang the Old Eldonians twice, no calls returned. I rang, Nothing back.

Ged then found an old number for Billy Bellis. One of the survivors of the bombing who lost most of his family that night. He rang and was told that Billy sadly passed away in January. However he spoke to Billy wife Lily who has asked to be kept informed on details. Lily layed a wreath at the memorial earlier this week. She also told Ged the the 4 people who organised events in the past 12 years have all now died.

Ged emailed Roger Phillips on Radio Merseyside wh read out the email. So at least the Radio mentioned it.

I have emailed the Liverpool Echo in hope they may print something about the story.

So we are left with no event. So its up to us now.

Me and Ged will be at the memorial from 11.am this Sunday, 19th December. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome. There is no service taking place. Its just to remember those that died that tragic night.

The Memorial is situated at the bottom of Blackstock Street. Its on Vauxhall road right by the college. A tall steel monument.

We know that its the last Sunday before Christmas, We know the Snow may turn up. But if you can make it then please do. If you can not then please visit the memorial page on the website at

http://liverpoolremembrance.weebly.c...k-shelter.html

Lest keep the memory going.

Thank you All

Tony and Ged

I can pick anyone up (within reason) and perhaps have a mosey over to nearby Bentinck street where many perished under the arches during the same air raid as this Blackstock Gardens tragedy. Also in this area are other sites of historical interest if anyone wants to go. Maybe a cuppa or pint about noon somewhere along Tithebarn st or wherever.
    Hi Ged and Tony

Would be with you on Sunday, but my husband is having a Pacemaker fitted on Friday, so he won't be up to it and I don't want to leave him. Any chance of seeing the Memorial another time, together with the other sites of historical interest? My sister and cousin would also be very interested. We'd even buy you a pint or two. And I'm sure we are related anyway!!

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wsteve55 View Post
    Has it been demolished!!
    I did type in the previous reply that the book says there is no record of the Alton Towers after the War, so it must have been bombed. Unfortunately this info didn't appear in the reply, so here it is!

http://www.scottiepress.org.uk/

Scottie Press have now mentioned it on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartime Liverpool View Post
    http://www.scottiepress.org.uk/

Scottie Press have now mentioned it on their website.
    Thanks. Glad to see on the Scottie Press site that there is an organization called "The Friends of Liverpool Monuments." This probably is not the place to express this but I am sure I am not the only person who was disgusted by the photograph of the protester urinating on the plinth of Winston Churchill's statue during the recent student protest in London, as well as the graffiti scrawled on the great man's monument. Whatever one thinks of Churchill, and he was certainly a controversial figure in his own lifetime, he can be credited with keeping Britain from falling under the heel of Hitler and the Nazis.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Glass house in 2010 and 2008 and on the left of the bottom pic in 1905
    THE BEST VITAMIN FOR MAKING FRIENDS ? B.1

My Flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/exacta2a/

http://flickrhivemind.net/User/exacta2a

Hi Joe

Thanks, Joe.

Great to see how the Glass House pub has been fixed up. Would that this could be done with all old buildings rather than sweep them away as has been done with far too many.

I wasn't sure where this pub is located but see that it is the Glass House pub at 198 Vauxhall Road, corner of Eldon Street.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Page 98 of 111 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast