Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs of Liverpool and Merseyside

Gnomie

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post

The Falkner Pub..The Red Door on the right is 36 Falkner St..Brian Epstein owned this place...This is where John and Cynthia Lennon spent their Honeymoon..Epstein gave them the Keys to the place after they got Married to spend their Honeymoon there....That'll do me Kidder John said..C'mon Cyn were off the Crack..(At the other End of Falkner St).

I lived at 38 Faulkner street a long time ago. great pic of the old house. the pub was called the Blackburne Arms then

I was in it last week - called the Blackburne Arms then as well. Gone a bit upmarket though.

Fabulous photies and good little comments too.

You haven't still got all those old barrels out of the Pontack in your kitchen av yer?

Gnomie

While on the pub theme. I love this one. Stanley road i think.

My dad had a saying whenever he went up to Scotland road " Im going to see me 3 birds in Scottie, The Eagle, The Parrot and the Throstles Nest"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomie View Post
    While on the pub theme. I love this one. Stanley road i think.

My dad had a saying whenever he went up to Scotland road " Im going to see me 3 birds in Scottie, The Eagle, The Parrot and the Throstles Nest"
    Those 'three birds' are the only three pubs left in Scottie Road now.

Gnomie

I Know Ste. Sad innit

I wonder if they will open the grapes again ( Foot Hospital )
    Could it not be turned into a local history center. money permitting i mean.

I Know Ste. Sad innit

Where's that one mate? I've noticed some activity around the Crown Vaults lately which strictly speaking is on Kirkdale Rd, they've reboarded the doors and I've seen people in the upper floors.

PhilipG

Default Peter Kavanaghs.

Tony, that pub's known as the Pansy locally as it's on the corner of Pansy street. My in-laws live in the flower streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    No Ged..Got one of the Old stools instead,That Stools seen a Few good old Gerard Gardens Barnies I can tell yer !!!..This really is an amazing piece of DIY Kit so Im told..The Mrs says She would be lost without this stool when She's painting the Ceilings.

Tut tut, letting the Mrs paint the ceiling whilst you no doubt are directing matters from the couch with the remote in one hand and a can of lager in the other

I like it....

I Know Ste. Sad innit

Ron Formby's been trying to get the old bank on Scottie turned into a local history centre. If you check out his website there's a wealth of local talent such as ex pro footballers who will donate their medals for show instead of keeping them in a cabinet at home. There's loads of history in that area, St Martin's cottages the first municipal housing in Europe, Victoria Square which won an architectural advanced design award and the Eldon Street clinker flats, the first prefabricated housing ever,pioneered by John Alexander Brodie. Then there's the Eldon Grove model from the Museum of Liverpool life (on loan) and my tenements model. He's now proposing the Pontack since that has fallen into disuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Ron Formby's been trying to get the old bank on Scottie turned into a local history centre. If you check out his website there's a wealth of local talent such as ex pro footballers who will donate their medals for show instead of keeping them in a cabinet at home. There's loads of history in that area, St Martin's cottages the first municipal housing in Europe, Victoria Square which won an architectural advanced design award and the Eldon Street clinker flats, the first prefabricated housing ever,pioneered by John Alexander Brodie. Then there's the Eldon Grove model from the Museum of Liverpool life (on loan) and my tenements model. He's now proposing the Pontack since that has fallen into disuse.
    I remember there was a plan to try and get some minibus tours going of the areas heritage, I really hope that's still on the table and can become a success.

Gerard

Excellent pics by the way Phil,Tony...Peter Kavanaghs..Now thats what yer call a Traditional Boozer..I dont think Ive been in that one on Stanley Rd Tony..I was in the Chippie in the Photie the other Night though!!.

Gnomie

Does anyone have a pic of The Europa on Scotland road?

My family drank there years back and i would love to see it when it was open.

Page 7 of 111 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast