Page 36 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Pubs of Liverpool and Merseyside

I can check it out later from pub books I have at home unless anyone can help out in the meantime.

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Default old curio/curiosity vaults near dock road

thanks a lot ged if you just replied to me-that would be very helpful and i would realy appreciate it. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Found this postcard of the Philharmonic pub.

what a beautiful pub... Reminds me of the Adelphi a bit inside... very nostalgic

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    The Green man has just been repainted in old corpy green (of course) and is under new management.
    Good news too many pubs ar shutting and not re-opening.

Shirleya. Sorry but could not find the pub in any of my books, not every single pub is covered in the 4 volumes of a pub on every corner unfortunately.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

TonyS

Default Curiosity Vaults - Park Lane

Quote Originally Posted by shirleya View Post
    Apparently not there anymore-can anyone tell me any moreabout it-find a pic or just tell me if there is anyone who will remember it or can tell me if it was actually on the dock road in 1940's onwards??????????//
    The 1938 directory has the Curiosity Vaults at 95 Park Lane, landlord Charles Kennedy.

Last edited by TonyS; 01-09-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Chris48

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Hi all

Could anyone get a picture of the Saddle pub. I believe it is on Fountains Road, Liverpool 4. This is the pub where, in the first story told about the origins of the Maybrick Diary, Mike Barrett said that he had received the document from his drinking buddy, Tony Devereaux, a typesetter at the Echo. In that first story, his wife Anne and Mike himself claimed they knew nothing about the Diary before the handover in the pub.

Anne, who now calls herself by her maiden name, Anne Graham, is now claiming she in fact gave the Diary to Tony to give to Mike, certainly a strange scenario, and the Diary had been in her family since 1950 or before. Although note that this claim does not make it old and nor does it make it authentic.

The latest news is that Mr. Barrett is going to be at the upcoming May 2007 Maybrick Trial at the Liverpool Cricket Club in Aigburth and threatens to "to tell the full and truthful story of how he came into possession of the diary and how the pressure of the world's media affected his health. He is also prepared to answer questions from the audience" according to event organizer Chris Jones.

All the best

Chris
    Has Barrett made up his mind whether the diary is a hoax or not? I think his behaviour has discredited the whole project.

Some great photos of Old pubs here. I remember the King George in the mid to late 80s when it was still going strong. It was a lovely building. Old buildings like this should be preserved and if nothing else, transformed into apartments. They are Victorian/Edwardian and we shall never see the likes of them again.

Smile old curio park lane -thanks tony

Thanks a lot for that tony and anyone else who tried to help with my pub question-most helpful and it was much appreciated.-thanks.

Location Kensington drone_pilot's Avatar

update on the Lamb in Picton, still no sign of any work still wraped in plastic.

Taken 08/01/08

Passed the remains of the Botanic and it's half down. a very sad sight, used to like this pub, used to call in after work on the tech park.

multi multa; nemo omnia novit

Default Vine Hotel

Has anyone got a picture of the Vine Hotel at the corner of Falkner and Vine Streets. It was a Bents Brewery pub. I think it was knocked down in the mid 1970s. Gerry(2)

Default old curiosity vaults 95 park lane

Hi everyone

Now i have the address of the pub ive been searching for -can you amazing people tell me anything else at all??/ What area is park lane in??? Does park lane still exist and is there a bulding still standing where 95 park lane was/is???? I am sorry to sound dumb but i have no idea -not been to liverpool that many times-but i intend to alter that this year as i am sure its going to be an exciting place to be and i hope it has a brilliant city of culture year. In fact im going to watch it on tv now. I just love ringo starr's new single . Enjoy yourselves you lucky things!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shirleya View Post
    Hi everyone

Now i have the address of the pub ive been searching for -can you amazing people tell me anything else at all??/ What area is park lane in??? Does park lane still exist and is there a bulding still standing where 95 park lane was/is???? I am sorry to sound dumb but i have no idea -not been to liverpool that many times-but i intend to alter that this year as i am sure its going to be an exciting place to be and i hope it has a brilliant city of culture year. In fact im going to watch it on tv now. I just love ringo starr's new single . Enjoy yourselves you lucky things!!!!!!!!
    Hi Shirley Park Lane is still there its on the southern edge of the city centre in an industrial area, there are some former pubs along it so it may be still standing.

The corner of Dickenson Street/Park Lane is just a patch of grass. There are still several old warehouses South, around Jamacia Street/St. James's Street. (this is the continuation of Park Lane).
    This site will give you some idea of what the area was like.
    http://www.toxteth.net/maps/liverpool/lpool1a.htm
    I don't remember seeing a pic of the block that contains No.95 Park Lane, but the blocks before and after appear in this book:
    http://www.geocities.com/dingle_live...gle_Index.html

Default Wellington Vaults Pub

This Toxteth pub on Mill Street is up for sale. Perhaps closure is on the cards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wellington Vaults Pub, Mill St Toxteth DSC06660R.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	374.1 KB 
ID:	4834  

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    The corner of Dickenson Street/Park Lane is just a patch of grass. There are still several old warehouses South, around Jamacia Street/St. James's Street. (this is the continuation of Park Lane).
    This site will give you some idea of what the area was like.
    http://www.toxteth.net/maps/liverpool/lpool1a.htm
    I don't remember seeing a pic of the block that contains No.95 Park Lane, but the blocks before and after appear in this book:
    http://www.geocities.com/dingle_live...gle_Index.html
    Thank you, Marky.
    It's also Park Lane on the cover of that book.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 01-14-2008 at 10:02 AM.

Page 36 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast