Thread: There was a cafe

Question There was a cafe

In the late 60's early 70's Called The Bungalow! It's now ( or was until recently ) the Desh Premee Indian located on Rice Lane opposite Hornby Road! When we was BIKERS..( Honda 90 followed by a big old Triumph ) we used to frequent this cafe with monotonous regularity! The guy who ran it's name was Mike and he made positively the BEST sausage and mash ( with Oxo gravey ) on the face of the planet!...Anyone else go there around that time?
    Negotium Perambulans in Tenebris

Dont remember that but do you remember Duchys Cafe ? it was somewhere South Liverpool, all the bikers used to frequent there too.

I've heard of Duchys but never went there! We used to go to the Sit-a-Bit in Garston and the Ponderosa in Burscough a lot! The jukebox in the Ponderosa had loads of Hendrix on it which was pretty cool at the time and the two bridges in Burscough centre presented a challenge as to who could remain airborne the longest between them

Remember the bungalow but in the 80's when I think it may have been called the cabin?

Was a kind of milk bar with snacks and stuff then a few of the first space invader and PAC man machines in a room at the back. Stopped a few times on the way back from Rice Lane school but it closed then became the Indian. Used to be a swimming baths behind it but I never remember that being open at all.

That's right...I don't remember the baths ever being open either! They were always borded up and the glass in the roof bit was a fine target for the GAT air pistols we used to sneak out from our Dads cupboards! I know...Vandalism...but hey..that's kids!

remember it well, used to go every day when i was a telegram boy on the old bsa bantams down the road at walton park, 1967/68 we knew it as the greasy spoon, many fond memories of the place