Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boutiques

Quote Originally Posted by burkhilly View Post
    Remember Chelsea Girl very well, wasn't it on the block where Primark are now?
    yes, on that block. can't think of the name of the current shop which is in it's place.
    There's a pound Shop, and is it Currys or Dixons on the same block ? ( my memory is shocking!)

My memory of Chelsea Girl seems to be where the Tatler was or thereabouts? Didn't it move across the road one time.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Or am I thinking River Island?

Think you may be thinking of River Island, not sure, but Chelsea Girl was on Church Street opposite Parker Street. Do you remember a guys shop called Stolen from Ivor? There was one somewhere by Commutation Row (Think that was the name of the road)

Yeah I remember Stolen from Ivor when it was in the precinct. Gans gear has been there some years then there was dirty sports. A lot of mens shops seemed to be in London Rd. Jonathan Silver, All mankind, Mailbox, John Collier, Burtons etc.

Chelsea Girl changed its name to River Island, as I remember it, and now where Chelsea Girl/River Island Shop was is H & M. River Island is still going, I think, probably in Liverpool One.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    Hi Linda, you are almost right, but 'Shades' was the first boutique to open in Liverpool. It took over the former premises of 'Lewis Separates'
    My first job when I left school was at 'Shades' and I remember prior to the first opening, 100s of girls having to queue around the block to get an interview of the much coveted jobs ! It was a big deal and 'a pose' to work in Shades - a boutique being such a novelty. All the girls wore very short mini skirts/dresses ( provided by the store and changed to new fashions every 6 months) long hair and falsh eyelashes The shop was long, narrow and dark.
    In time, the shop changed to it's new name of Chelsea Girl, and was eventually extended bigger with more floor space.
    The clothes were great, and as you say, especially the leather bags. There was a big turnover, and stock would be changed very quickly and frequently. I can remember some of the staff 'uniforms' very well, and the staff modelled the latest in stock.

This is me wearing one of the many Shades staff uniforms - not a very clear pic, but it was a navy & white polka dot mini dress. I had gone out straight from work so that's why I've got it on

Very nice Lindy, there's certainly plenty of pics of you - not camera shy then. If i'd known i'd popped mine out at Dr Duncan's.

I've got some more I can post up !

... I wouldn't mind, I don't really like having my photo taken, especially now - I look terrible on pictures now !

Ged, you've got loads more pics havn't you ? post some more.

ps, re that pic above ... we didn't have hair extensions in
    them days ! we just grew our own hair long.

No you don't, Ged should have brought his camera to Dr D's

lindylou. Thats a very pretty dress, I remember when polka dots where all the rage. I remember having a dress/coat in navy and white spots. Do you remember them, they were very lightweight and the coat was the same material as the dress. I had black and white patent leather shoes with white ribbon for laces. omg I must have looked a proper div. .

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

EasyWear,remember that ? Our kid worked there, I got my first pair of Wrangler cords from there

[QUOTE=lindylou;230209]I've got some more I can post up !

... I wouldn't mind, I don't really like having my photo taken, especially now - I look terrible on pictures now !

ps, re that pic above ... we didn't have hair extensions in
    them days ! we just grew our own hair long.[/QUOTE

Yes keep on posting em' Lindy. I'll have to get scanning some more to give yous all a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by lindac8941 View Post
    lindylou. Thats a very pretty dress, I remember when polka dots where all the rage. I remember having a dress/coat in navy and white spots. Do you remember them, they were very lightweight and the coat was the same material as the dress. I had black and white patent leather shoes with white ribbon for laces. omg I must have looked a proper div. .
    Ha,Ha!

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

[QUOTE=Ged;230355]
    Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I've got some more I can post up !

Yes keep on posting em' Lindy. I'll have to get scanning some more to give yous all a laugh.
    I will have a go meself and give you a better laugh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast