YO! Liverpool
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So it got me thinking

George

Default So it got me thinking

Around LFC's stadium the area is undergoing a large revamp(Regeneration) and they're demolishing houses that have stood for nigh on 120 years? these being terraced houses,so why can't they just knock em down and rebuild new ones in the same style ie streets instead of these lego boxes that they call homes,these lego boxes are a distressing looking pile of bricks plus the fact you will get more terraced houses than you would get lego houses,surely thats got to be better in the so called housing shortage?

ADVERTISING

Debra

I hate those housing estates too George , i love those terreced streets , i had loads of friends who lived there when i was young ...
    I suppose housing estates are cheaper to build , sad is'nt it ..

Thanks

Some districts do get new style terraces - some with patio doors and railings/verandas. There are some in Bootle, Vauxhall and Maghull like this.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Debra

I have'nt seen those Ged , are they nice ?

Thanks

Yes, some are 3 storey flats though.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

George

Here's what the old ones look like,Debra...this was Tancred Road in Anfield...understand this was the worst street as it was run down and only two familys remained for years as they where right barstewards,but they have long since gone and a developer bought the complete street and gave it a new life...quite a change but pleasing one...

http://www.cabe.org.uk/files/imageca...erpool_001.jpg

Here it is when our glorious Liverpool council had it?

http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/u...Tancred-Rd.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast