Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Pier Head Area

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by )3az )3aziah View Post
    Well at least the concrete canal will replace it and add to the concrete sprawl that is becoming liverpool
    Honestly? Maybe you mean the Pier Head rather than 'Liverpool'?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Goin' up up up The Teardrop Explodes's Avatar

...it's debatable I suppose..

Kev, do you like the look of the emerging PSD? Not keen on the red-tiled backs to the buildings like the new Lewiss' and a couple of the others there. Hopefilly they'll be covered by the hotels on the Strand.

Have they started owt on the St.Lukes side of Hanover St yet? Looking at the official site it reads as if they're still waiting for purchase or planning for those plots...?

Anyway I'll be looking forward to seeing all this for myself- first time home in over a year, huzzah!

Blog Entries

Its a huge development that is slowly emerging from the depths of old Chavasse Park. I think the finished area will be fab. Obviously at the mo it doesn't look that nice
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Stuff You Haven't Seen If You Haven't Been In Liverpool For 13 Months

Beetham West
    Alex Tower
    Any PSD buildings
    Kings Dock Arena or car-park
    L1's deserted Marie-Celeste site
    Manch and Chester dock excavations
    World Museum(?)
    Unity's portakabin
    St. Pauls Square
    Baltic Triangle stuff

Loads around Ropeworks, Dukie, elsewhere ??

That's a lot of happening for one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Its a huge development that is slowly emerging from the depths of old Chavasse Park. I think the finished area will be fab. Obviously at the mo it doesn't look that nice
    Aye, but that Everton masterplan's 3-4 times the size (in terms of area anyway)!! It was you I talked about this to wasn't it?

What was the budget for the PSD? Hope the Everton and Islington budgets are similarly 'fit for purpose.'

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by The Teardrop Explodes View Post
    Aye, but that Everton masterplan's 3-4 times the size (in terms of area anyway)!! It was you I talked about this to wasn't it?

What was the budget for the PSD? Hope the Everton and Islington budgets are similarly 'fit for purpose.'
    You don't need as much money for Everton and Islington because there's almost fluck all there. It's a bit like an artist starting with a blank canvas.

Angry

Sadly its a bit of a moot point now as this was the scene around lunchtime today. The contractors had bulldozed the whole thing and now all that is left is three piles of sandstone boulders no bigger than your head.

Well at least the concrete canal will replace it and add to the concrete sprawl that is becoming liverpool

Nice to see you have such positive views of Liverpools' regeneration. I'm fed up of people who don't like change calling it a concrete sprawl. This is such a niave and pathetic comment. Concrete sprawls are 60's council estates and places like benidorm. There is alot of concrete around Liverpool now mainly because of all the construction, but soon there will be very little as the projects near completion.

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    You don't need as much money for Everton and Islington because there's almost fluck all there. It's a bit like an artist starting with a blank canvas.
    I just hope they do it well y'know?

It would be nice to see as much care and attention (and prestige) giving people back the communities they deserve as much as creating shopping malls.

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    [/B]

Nice to see you have such positive views of Liverpools' regeneration. I'm fed up of people who don't like change calling it a concrete sprawl. This is such a niave and pathetic comment. Concrete sprawls are 60's council estates and places like benidorm. There is alot of concrete around Liverpool now mainly because of all the construction, but soon there will be very little as the projects near completion.
    I have to disagree. If you compare the 'things' they are throwing up now to the likes of India buildings, the Liver and its two consorts, most of the top end of Water street and the Museum area, what they are putting up now is just pure cr@p.
    How you can also say that after the construction there will be very little concrete is beyond me, all the new 'buildings' I've seen so far are made of the stuff.

On a lighter note though which part of Clubmoor do you live in as I'm just up the road from there ?

I have to disagree. If you compare the 'things' they are throwing up now to the likes of India buildings, the Liver and its two consorts, most of the top end of Water street and the Museum area, what they are putting up now is just pure cr@p.
    How you can also say that after the construction there will be very little concrete is beyond me, all the new 'buildings' I've seen so far are made of the stuff

Just what do you think the Liver Building was constructed with?
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    Just what do you think the Liver Building was constructed with?
    Now let me guess?

But it was clad with granite.

Blog Entries

I'd much rather have Liverpool in its present state than it was through the 80's and 90's - its very exciting in town now. The other areas where warehouses are being converted amongst new builds can't be described as concrete sprawl when significant buildings from the 1700's are being renovated anlong with the area - of course I'm referring to the Rope Walks area.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Angry

How you can also say that after the construction there will be very little concrete is beyond me, all the new 'buildings' I've seen so far are made of the stuff.

On a lighter note though which part of Clubmoor do you live in as I'm just up the road from there ?
    Firstly, alot of buildings being built are made from concrete such as the PSD, but when finished will be clad in glass, brick etc. Most buildings in the world are built with concrete as the foundations, but then covered with more pleasant materials as concrete is one of the most reliable and strongest materials around. Secondly, there are very few buildings where the exterior is made from concrete, and most of them are being demolished or actually look decent. Thirdly, think of what Liverpool looked like even just ten years ago. There was countless ugly concrete tower blocks in places like Everton, Kensington and Croxteth, which have all been demolished. Liverpool was a concrete jungle then, but not anymore. Don't forget, the Liver Building is made from re-inforced concrete.
    Finally, I live in the Larkhill Lane area, where do you live?
    Last edited by AK1; 02-14-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Now let me guess?

But it was clad with granite.
    Which makes it look 100% better than the modern structures they are putting up all over the city.

OK I don't like them but please that is my opinion and taking the P!ss out of me for having an opinon is a sure way of driving off a new member.

Perhaps I should have come here with an "Isn't the new Liverpool the best thing since sliced bread" attitude and been better accepted ?

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    I live in the Larkhill Lane area, where do you live?
    I live just down the road from Clubmoor off Townsend Lane.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast