As an outsider but one who is interested in local politics I remember when we had a councillor foisted on us in Kirkdale who is not local. I wrote and e-mailled the local party and the Labour Leader as a concerned constituent but received no replies at all. I am asking if there is a member of the Liverpool Wavertree Party who could explain how Ms. Berger a Londoner with as far as I can find no connections with Liverpool or the Wavertree area came to be nominated and then selected. Who nominated her who supported her who stood against her, how close was the voting and how many people actually voted for her. This type of thing seems to happen too often and I am not just singling Liverpool or Wavertree out as my MP is also an outsider who in her maiden speech in Parliament referred to the good work carried out by the Eldonians in Granby.
I am not saying Ms. Berger is not a good candidate, but as I believe that an MP sits in Parliament to represent the people in their constituency I have a sneaking suspicion that Ms. Berger does not have much in common with the voters. I also suspect that she is a career politician who has her own personal agenda's and would be happy to waltz into a relatively safe Labour seat anywhere in the country.