Thread: Luciana Berger for Liverpool Wavertree

Default Luciana Berger for Liverpool Wavertree

As an outsider but one who is interested in local politics I remember when we had a councillor foisted on us in Kirkdale who is not local. I wrote and e-mailled the local party and the Labour Leader as a concerned constituent but received no replies at all. I am asking if there is a member of the Liverpool Wavertree Party who could explain how Ms. Berger a Londoner with as far as I can find no connections with Liverpool or the Wavertree area came to be nominated and then selected. Who nominated her who supported her who stood against her, how close was the voting and how many people actually voted for her. This type of thing seems to happen too often and I am not just singling Liverpool or Wavertree out as my MP is also an outsider who in her maiden speech in Parliament referred to the good work carried out by the Eldonians in Granby.
    I am not saying Ms. Berger is not a good candidate, but as I believe that an MP sits in Parliament to represent the people in their constituency I have a sneaking suspicion that Ms. Berger does not have much in common with the voters. I also suspect that she is a career politician who has her own personal agenda's and would be happy to waltz into a relatively safe Labour seat anywhere in the country.

The Scottie Roader.

Is she related to Patrick Berger by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by charley chester View Post
    As an outsider but one who is interested in local politics I remember when we had a councillor foisted on us in Kirkdale who is not local. I wrote and e-mailled the local party and the Labour Leader as a concerned constituent but received no replies at all. I am asking if there is a member of the Liverpool Wavertree Party who could explain how Ms. Berger a Londoner with as far as I can find no connections with Liverpool or the Wavertree area came to be nominated and then selected. Who nominated her who supported her who stood against her, how close was the voting and how many people actually voted for her. This type of thing seems to happen too often and I am not just singling Liverpool or Wavertree out as my MP is also an outsider who in her maiden speech in Parliament referred to the good work carried out by the Eldonians in Granby.
    I am not saying Ms. Berger is not a good candidate, but as I believe that an MP sits in Parliament to represent the people in their constituency I have a sneaking suspicion that Ms. Berger does not have much in common with the voters. I also suspect that she is a career politician who has her own personal agenda's and would be happy to waltz into a relatively safe Labour seat anywhere in the country.
    Hello Charley

I don't have a dog in this fight as it were, however, isn't it typical of politics in the UK as well as in the United States for a politico from a completely different area of the country to run in certain constituencies or districts?

I know I have heard a lot that the parties in the UK search for a "safe" district for one of their number to run, particularly, say, if they are a cabinet minister or are going to be nominated for a cabinet post. In New York, we have the case that a former Democratic Congressman, Harold Brown Jr. of Tennessee, may make a possible U.S. Senate bid to challenge Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand in the Democratic primary this fall.

Ford "moved to New York City after losing the 2006 race for U.S. Senate in Tennessee. In recent weeks, Ford has been meeting with elected officials, political operatives and occasionally voters as he measures his chances against Gillibrand, who was appointed last year to the seat vacated by Hillary Rodham Clinton." (Associated Press story, in the New York Post, "Ford: I continue to learn about New York", January 21, 2010)

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

If she can do the job......why not? Where she's from shouldn't make any difference,just look at some of the "Local" dimwits we've got in power!!!

Blog Entries

I did add a little background in the form of breaking news under the 'Dale Street Blues' thread of her 'election'.
    150 seems to be the total number of people envolved Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by charley chester View Post
    Luciana WHO