Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Brighton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    I remember going up the Tower on the chair lift. I thought it was the most glamourous thing in the World...
    I've posted this before, but probably on a sailors forum before we migrated to Yo.

Off topic a bit but it is a memory brought back by mention of a chair lift.

We had one day in Singapore before flying home. We'd been up nearly 30 hours when we arrived there so should have been sleeping. Me and an electrician from Liverpool - George Fisher - got in a taxi and asked the driver to show us the island. He finished by dropping us off for the cable car across to Sentosa Island. It goes from a hill on Singapore to a hill on Sentosa, so when it crosses the water you are exceptionally high.
    As we crossed the water George admitted he was scared of heights. Being a total tosser, I started to rock the car. I stopped when I realised that George was genuinely freaking out. He was trembling when we got off and I said there was nothing to be scared about as it was totally safe.

A few weeks after we got home I saw on TV that the cable car had come down and people had been killed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    I've posted this before, but probably on a sailors forum before we migrated to Yo.

Off topic a bit but it is a memory brought back by mention of a chair lift.

We had one day in Singapore before flying home. We'd been up nearly 30 hours when we arrived there so should have been sleeping. Me and an electrician from Liverpool - George Fisher - got in a taxi and asked the driver to show us the island. He finished by dropping us off for the cable car across to Sentosa Island. It goes from a hill on Singapore to a hill on Sentosa, so when it crosses the water you are exceptionally high.
    As we crossed the water George admitted he was scared of heights. Being a total tosser, I started to rock the car. I stopped when I realised that George was genuinely freaking out. He was trembling when we got off and I said there was nothing to be scared about as it was totally safe.

A few weeks after we got home I saw on TV that the cable car had come down and people had been killed.
    I remember a big wheel in Gloucester and me and a few of the guys went on it. We ended up climbing outside the carriages for a laugh. Fair ground folk sure have no sense of humour....

Debra

I have such fond memories of New Brighton , my friend has a photo of me coming down the bumpy slide when i was seventeen ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    I have such fond memories of New Brighton , my friend has a photo of me coming down the bumpy slide when i was seventeen ..
    Been looking for one of them for the little fella.

Debra

Been looking for one of them for the little fella.
    There's a place just befoore you get to Farmer Teds , the make garen slides and climbing frames , maybe they'll have one .

Blog Entries

There's a place just befoore you get to Farmer Teds , the make garen slides and climbing frames , maybe they'll have one .
    Where's father Teds?

Blog Entries

Where's father Teds?
    Craggy Island?

Blog Entries

Craggy Island?
    Where's Craggy Island?

Are you two winding me up...

Debra

Farmer not Father ! Farmer Ted's i just past Tesco's in Formby , just drive towards Ormskirk and you'll see it !

Yes Kevin is right , Father Ted's house is indeed on Craggy Island .

Blog Entries

Farmer not Father ! Farmer Ted's i just past Tesco's in Formby , just drive towards Ormskirk and you'll see it !

Yes Kevin is right , Father Ted's house is indeed on Craggy Island .
    You two are just winding me up with this telly talk. You know I don't watch it.

Debra

No honestly , Farmer Teds is a farm , the kids can pet and play with the animals and everything , it also has a big indoor play area , it's a great place for kids ..

Blog Entries

You two are just winding me up with this telly talk. You know I don't watch it.
    For Pablo.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/f...ed/4od#2922970

One of the best comedies in recent years. Such a tragedy that Dermot died so young.

Debra

For Pablo.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/f...ed/4od#2922970

One of the best comedies in recent years. Such a tragedy that Dermot died so young.
    The episode where Ted was accused of being a racist , oh that was the funniest ever episode for me . Yes it was a shame he died , very sad .

Blog Entries

Me thinksI'm getting wound up.

Blog Entries

The episode where Ted was accused of being a racist , oh that was the funniest ever episode for me . Yes it was a shame he died , very sad .
    Escaping the lingerie department was one of my favourites - I understood exactly how they felt; must have been my Catholic upbringing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast