Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
I remember going up the Tower on the chair lift. I thought it was the most glamourous thing in the World...
I've posted this before, but probably on a sailors forum before we migrated to Yo.

Off topic a bit but it is a memory brought back by mention of a chair lift.

We had one day in Singapore before flying home. We'd been up nearly 30 hours when we arrived there so should have been sleeping. Me and an electrician from Liverpool - George Fisher - got in a taxi and asked the driver to show us the island. He finished by dropping us off for the cable car across to Sentosa Island. It goes from a hill on Singapore to a hill on Sentosa, so when it crosses the water you are exceptionally high.
As we crossed the water George admitted he was scared of heights. Being a total tosser, I started to rock the car. I stopped when I realised that George was genuinely freaking out. He was trembling when we got off and I said there was nothing to be scared about as it was totally safe.

A few weeks after we got home I saw on TV that the cable car had come down and people had been killed.