the little old lady shopkeeper was Mrs Norris, as posted later.

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Georgie Porgie --I was replying to a query s to what was on Everton Valley.
Those items you mention weren't on Everton Valley.

The Flats you mention up St Domingo Road were Tommy White's (Sir Thomas White's ) flats.
The only Washhouse I know about was right along near the "S" bend right along on Netherfield Road.
I am unsure of what is Albion House --was this "Victoria Settlements" on Nethherfield Road ? (That had an open air footy pitch on top).

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

To give you an idea of the size of the houses on EV. -- If we take our house on Everton Valley --it had 3 cellar rooms (uninhabited - All painted limewash white)--One was used as a bike spare parts / frames area and bike repair area --number two had a big stone wash tub in it where 50+ years before servants would have done the house wash--number three had the coal stored in it which came down a shute from the large back yard --ground floor had a large vestibule --a big hallway -- 3 living / parlour rooms --a servants small kitchen and the house's main kitchen plus a large eating room with black grated fire (ovens either side)..up on first floor was main bathroom --a small tiny bedroom --plus 5 other fairsized bedrooms --econd floor had one bedroom and a small water tank room --3rd floor had just an attic bedroom and a long storage cupboard where giant old paintings in frames were stored.
They sure built big houses in Victorian times.