Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Today

Default Liverpool Today

As Kev will know, I'm in the middle of a new website at the moment.

www.liverpool-today.info is going to be the biggest ever website on Liverpool's past and present history, culture, information and news and views.

I am planning to feature all main districts on an individual page for each area and have current 'what's on' as well as intense past history, video's and blogs.

YoLiverpool will feature heavily in these pages as this is a fine site with some fine and knowledgeable people!!

I need some feedback - you can view 3 pages at the moment, none of the district links are working yet.

1 - If I have borrowed your picture before I've had to chance to snap my own, please tell me to either 'keep it and credit me - or remove it'. I've taken various from the net but some may be from you guys.

2 - I'm also promoting the site with advertising - so if you want to advertise, give me a shout.

3 - What you think of the layout so far?

4 - Anything else constructive. Either PM me or e-mail me at the site.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post

Too much advertisment and not enough content. Poor

Blog Entries

That's a great start Cadfael, the page looks a little busy, but that's fantastic. Good luck with your endeavour. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Too much advertisment and not enough content. Poor
    Sorry to hear that George. You will find most of Liverpool's history and factual side in the District tab as that's where the main body of Liverpool is going. The front page gives you quick group together of the main news/weather websites and main places that you may use (i.e. hospitals).

Maybe when one of the pages is complete under the Districts, you can come back and give your view again.

As Kev will know, I'm in the middle of a new website at the moment.

www.liverpool-today.info is going to be the biggest ever website on Liverpool's past and present history, culture, information and news and views.

I am planning to feature all main districts on an individual page for each area and have current 'what's on' as well as intense past history, video's and blogs.

YoLiverpool will feature heavily in these pages as this is a fine site with some fine and knowledgeable people!!

I need some feedback - you can view 3 pages at the moment, none of the district links are working yet.

1 - If I have borrowed your picture before I've had to chance to snap my own, please tell me to either 'keep it and credit me - or remove it'. I've taken various from the net but some may be from you guys.

2 - I'm also promoting the site with advertising - so if you want to advertise, give me a shout.

4 - Anything else constructive. Either PM me or e-mail me at the site.

Good luck with this endeavor, Cadfael. You've made a good start.

Yes the home page is kind of on the busy side, but that might be necessary for everything you want to feature. Also I recognize the need for advertising to support the site.

I can see one page. How do I get to the other two pages. Also you say Yo Liverpool will feature heavily, although I don't see a button for it unless I missed it.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Cadfael, just had a peek, when its all up and running its going to be superb.
    You have all the districts sorted.
    Don't envy you keeping it all updated

Best of luck to you

If you need anything from me, just call, I'm sure this goes for the majority on here too
    Started the Old Swan Website:

http://oldswan.piczo.com/?cr=5

Have just had a quick look at the site........and thought it really good and when I have some spare time will look forward to reading more of our history.

Unfortunately I can't take credit for any of the pics u've got on there.

Good luck with the site, Cad

I reckon George was only joking with his comment too

Blog Entries

Hi Cadfael, Good luck with your new site. It sounds like a very interesting concept for a community based website. I like the idea of neighbourhood hubs. It could also be styled like apps. on the iPhone? [I hope Steve Jobs is not listening?]

The ad. space, I think a few people have already commented on. Couldn't you assign some of the space, on individual pages, to each district? So to free up some space on the main front web-page?

It'll be good to see a further mock-up, or trial, with some of the elements workings. That'll give us a better idea on how it will be used.

Good luck,

Daz.

George

Sorry to hear that George. You will find most of Liverpool's history and factual side in the District tab as that's where the main body of Liverpool is going. The front page gives you quick group together of the main news/weather websites and main places that you may use (i.e. hospitals).

Maybe when one of the pages is complete under the Districts, you can come back and give your view again.
    You can advertise on a site without the whole page being crammed with it ie a headline banner can alternate between ads with a a few seconds period change.
    There are numerous freem ad banners code out there and in my opinion it would be worthwhile reducing the amount of ads on the homepage.

No one wan'ts to have ads pushed in their face and certainly not be overwelmed with them and thats a fact,too many sites host ads and I for one am not interested in staying on the site longer than is necessary.

Sorrys Cads but that is my opinion.

Hi George

I am sure Cadfael would rather have your honest opinion than not. Thanks for expressing it, George.

C
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

I have to say that I don't like the Adverts either and I may find a way around reducing them or at least moving them down to the bottom of the page so they are less 'in your face' but as this site is run out of my own pocket, it has to be well funded by paying ads.

The only up side is that they don't flash on and try and distract you, they just sit there, unlike some ad's I've seen which are very annoying.

Nothing is set in concrete as yet on the front page so I may well rejig things around in the future before an official launch.

Blog Entries

I have to say that I don't like the Adverts either and I may find a way around reducing them or at least moving them down to the bottom of the page so they are less 'in your face' but as this site is run out of my own pocket, it has to be well funded by paying ads.

The only up side is that they don't flash on and try and distract you, they just sit there, unlike some ad's I've seen which are very annoying.

Nothing is set in concrete as yet on the front page so I may well rejig things around in the future before an official launch.

All you can do Cad is your best. You're doing better than most of us, so good luck to ya fella. Keep it up.

This looks very promising from my point of view! will certainly help me keep in touch with my old home, I've already added it to my 'favourites' and look forward to seeing the site when it is finalised. Best Wishes, and Thanks

Blog Entries

Cad,

The best of luck with your website matey. I can appreciate how much work you put into your sites, it's stressful and time consuming but immensely rewarding.

Kev
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast