Thread: James Maybrick

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Found it!

Hi Chris/Everyone,

I have uploaded with this message a photo of the examples of handwriting given to me by my school teacher I mentioned in an earlier post.
    I hope you all appreciate my efforts today! I spent most of this morning rummaging through boxes in my atic looking for this. Ironically in the end I found it in a tin in an upstairs cupboard!
    I must admit however that I did mis-remember the name of the teacher that had given it to me. It was not a Mr May but a Mr Ricketts who's class I was in at the Grove School in Hastings in 1980. I swear to God and on my mothers life that these passages were written in front of my own eyes and that they are genuine.
    As far as proving or disproving my point that the handwriting style of the diary is not of the upmost importance however, being objective and fair, I think the jury's still out. While these examples of handwriting are quite different (especially the third example) and show different tendencies in the way that the downstrokes of the y's etc are formed, I can see myself that all three still look as if they have been made by the same hand. Not having seen that many examples of James Maybricks handwriting (I am EXCLUDING his will as I feel it ungenuine) I am therefore unable to say wether the writing style of the diary is or is not THAT dissimilar to James known hand. Perhaps you could help out there Chris?
    So guy's over to you, what arte your thoughts now?

Best Regards,

Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1820_2.JPG 
Views:	591 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	1177