Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was the UKs worst PM and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterways View Post
    Zero unemployment was a lot he did for the working class. Besides many.many others. Just read my posts.
    We can never have 'zero unemployment'.
    So you are saying that when Tony was in power all the people working in the job shops and social have been getting paid for doing sweet FA?
    I think you talk ****e.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by captain kong View Post
    I DONT KNOW WHAT MR WATERWAYS SMOKES OR SNIFFS BUT i`LL HAVE SOME OF THAT.
    Sniffing reality may harm your health.
    The new Amsterdam at Liverpool?
    Save Liverpool Docks and Waterways - Click

Deprived of its unique dockland waters Liverpool
    becomes a Venice without canals, just another city, no
    longer of special interest to anyone, least of all the
    tourist. Would we visit a modernised Venice of filled in
    canals to view its modern museum describing
    how it once was?

Giving Liverpool a full Metro - CLICK
    Rapid-transit rail: Everton, Liverpool & Arena - CLICK

Save Royal Iris - Sign Petition

Am I anti-Jewish? No. Am I anti-black? No. Am I pro-white working class? Yes. Am I anti-Zionist? Yes.

Sigh.....
    Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    We can never have 'zero unemployment'.
    So you are saying that when Tony was in power all the people working in the job shops and social have been getting paid for doing sweet FA?
    I think you talk ****e.
    Oh my God!! Another uneducated one. What world are these people in? Not the real one for sure. We had over 1 million eastern Europeans filling in the job shortages. Did you know? Remember all those Polish people who had funny accents all over the place? There is always a float of unemployed because of changing jobs, moving area, companies going bust, etc.

how it once was?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A.D.W View Post
    Am I anti-Jewish? No. Am I anti-black? No. Am I pro-white working class? Yes. Am I anti-Zionist? Yes.

Sigh.....
    You are also an brainless idiot! I have some Jewish friends and also had a Jewish girl friends for 5 years. My neighbour was from Israel - him and his wife were graduate engineers. My uncle fought alongside Jews in the British Army in the Jewish Brigade. I'm sure some Jewish people read this forum and may even contribute. Nice people.

how it once was?

What was that, Waterways? Nope. Still can't hear what you are saying.

Bliss!

Woof! Woof!

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Oh my God!! Another uneducated one. What world are these people in? Not the real one for sure. We had over 1 million eastern Europeans filling in the job shortages. Did you know? Remember all those Polish people who had funny accents all over the place? There is always a float of unemployed because of changing jobs, moving area, companies going bust, etc.
    And you are a self opionated dick head.
    The poles came because of EU law,we had to let them.Bosses used them to drive wages DOWN but kept prices up.

This would be commendable only if we had the indigenous population in employment first. The fact of the matter is this government and in fact any government can do sod all about any number of Eastern or other Europeans coming here as they are the EU rules. Another fact is, their being here is almost crushing the free services such as health, education and housing that wasn't meant for such a large influx all in one go. Such is the fact they can wander where the work is, getting tax out of them is another matter as we know how slow the tax office are with emergency codes even for people who have lived here for years. The system is overwhelmed.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Sorry Gnasher. Jumped in with my reply before seeing yours. I knew his follow up would be about why were all suppossed to be so grateful that we can 'absorb' a million incomers in one go - the fact is we had to and paid for it with reduced wages.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    This would be commendable only if we had the indigenous population in employment first.
    Employment levels under Blair were the lowest in 40 years, despite EU laws, etc. And still 1million Eastern European were absorbed the economy was so strong.

how it once was?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GNASHER View Post
    And you are a self opionated dick head.
    Sunshine I go on fact, not quarter baked opinions with no factual foundation whatsoever. You are still an uneducated insulting fool. The Alf Garnets of this world. Now run off and vote BNP. It is called bigotry. Boy this thread has that in spades.

how it once was?

Thatcher by a mile.

[list][*]Major was poor (does anyone remember him?) [*]Sir Alec Douglas-Home was a compete idiot and put in charge because of the public school he went to (it was their turn)[*]Eden was naive (Suez)[*]Harold Macmillan was a liar (he said we had never had it so good in 1958 with about half the country still in slum housing). [*]Edward Heath said he would cut prices at a stoke. In the following three years prices had never risen so much in history to that point.[*]Sir Winston Churchill was poor in peace time being a war Lord.[/list

]
    Suez wasn't a flop, Nasser was a fool to himself.

His jew bating left his country flat broke.

A Brief History of the Suez Canal.

The Suez Canal was opened in 1869 under French and Egyption ownership..
    Both countries had contributed to the cost. The French under a 99 year lease which expired in 1968
    The British involvement in the canal came about when the ruler of Egypt put his shares up for sale because of financial problems in 1875. Disraeli bought the shares for 4 milliion pounds giving the British government as security. Thus Britian became a controlling shareholder in the Suez Canal Company.
    In 1888 a treaty was signed to help boost the weak Egyptian economy. The treaty stated that the canal was
    open to all in peace and war. In 1922 Egypt became independent it had a King [Fuad]and an army.
    In 1936 Fuad died and King Farouk took over as King of Egypt and Sudan. Farouk became alarmed when Italy attacked Ethiopia in the 1935 war. He then drew up a treaty between Britain and Egypt stating that the UK was to withdraw all troops from Egypt except those necessary to protect the Suez canal and its surroundings, 10,000 troops plus auxiliary personnel. The UK would also supply and train Egypt?s army and assist in its defence in case of war. Both countries signed the agreement

The Suez Crisis 1956.
    The Suez Crisis began when the U.S. Secretary of State John Foster Dulles found out that Gamil Nasser, President of Egypt, was buying arms from the soviet block. He then informed Nasser that money for the Aswan Dam project would not be available. Nasser retaliated by nationalising the Suez canal, even tho' it was his in 1968 when the lease ran out.
    He also stopped Israel's ships from using the canal and the Straits of Tiran, thus stopping Israel?s oil supplies.
    On October 25, Egypt signed a tripartite agreement with Syria and Jordan placing Nasser in command of all three armies. The continued blockade of the Suez Canal and Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping, combined with the increased commando attacks, prompted Israel to attack Egypt on October 29, 1956.

The attack was described as a 'work of art' by the military historian Sir Basil Liddell Hart.
    The attack started with a parachute drop at the Mitla Pass not to far from the Suez Canal, and deploying some troops along the Jordon border. This confused Nasser as to where the brunt of the attack would come. He waited 24 hours before moving his 2nd Brigade from Suez to the Mitla Pass with one battalion moving into the narrow part of the pass. Ariel Sharon?s 202 paratroop battalion then attacked the Egyptian troops, some bitter hand to hand fighting took place before the Egyptians conceded defeat then broke and ran. Sharon rested his men for 48 hours before moving them in the direction of Sharm el Sheikh where the main attack would focus. Sharm el Sheikh overlooks the Straits of Tiran. The Egyptians at Sharm surrendered with very little resistance.
    In the aftermath, the Americans wanted the Iraelis to give back all the land they had gained, saying they would stop financial aid. The Israelis refused, demanding that the UN took over the land they had gained. They also wanted a guarantee that the Straits of Tiran would stay open for their ships. The Americans granted their request.
    This kept the peace for a few years.

The Six day War.
    In 1967 Nasser started again. He told the UN he wanted them off Egyptian soil. After a while U Thant [ the UN secretary] obliged him. Nasser then closed the Straits
    Of Tiran to Israeli ships. He knew this move would put Israel on a war footing.

Nasser had amassed the largest army the conflict had ever seen. Egypt, Jordan, Syria,
    With contingents from Iraq, Sudan, Arabia, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria,.
    Israel went strait off the front foot. Smashing the air forces of Egypt, Jordon, Syria whilst they were still on the ground. They then set about the ground forces that had no air cover. It was a complete rout, with thousands of Egyptians surrendering.
    Six days to wreck the largest army in the Middle East. Nasser offered his resignation.
    Field Marshal Amar the man Nasser picked to lead the attack, committed suicide
    The canal stayed closed for the remainder of Nasser?s rule. When Nasser died in 1970
    his country was flat broke, his internal politics had failed, his huge army had failed.
    Nasser had failed.

As for the Anglo French attack on Port Said. The 3 Para attack on El Gamil was all over in a couple of hours. B company took the brunt of the attack and lost 4 comrades.
    The French did an equally quick job at Port Fuad By the time the Russians and Americans started moaning it was all over. We were 20 miles up the canal at El Cap and not a shot was fired. In the negotiations after the attack compensation was offered to the share holders and was all paid up by 1963. The British that had to leave Egypt over the troubles also received some compensation; this was paid up by 1969.
    Nasser would have been better off leaving the British to protect the canal, he certainly couldn?t do it with that army.

http://pub10.bravenet.com/guestbook/...13365397&cpv=2

http://pub10.bravenet.com/guestbook/...13365397&cpv=2

Blog Entries

Get rid of the Eastern Europeans, that would give our British people jobs. there are nearly Three Million people on Benefit and job seekers allowance while these Euros come over here and are used as cheap labour keeping the Brits unemployed. There are 950,000 young people , teens and twenties unemployed, Government figures.
    The government want it that way so they have a steady pool of younsters joining the Army for their stupid wars that no one wants.

Then get out of Europe , the most Corrupt organisation outside of Zimbabwe.

I went in town the other day, I thought I had Emigrated, I couldnt hear a word of English being spoken. I had to find the Town Hall and clock to make sure I was still in my home town..

Quote Originally Posted by A.D.W View Post
    NO! Five posts I can't see!

Hur'ah!!

Me too. Isn't it truly wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    Me too. Isn't it truly wonderful!
    It's like I have died and gone to heaven. Not seeing Waterways postings is like seeing all the pretty angels on the clouds.

Ahhhhh! Lovely.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast