Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Slemen

chippie

Default U.F.O. (not) spotted in Edge Hill

I was just wondering Cadfael if that silly rib tickler of a spooky story had something to do with the connection I told about ufos and mass hysteria in our school and all schools judging by the turn out one night after school in the Wavertree area. At the time I didn,t know Liverpool that well so I could have been anywhere, but I fancied we, and hundreds of other kids were around the Edge Hill Station area. The story was widespread in schools looking at the kids who turned up, and from what I recollect, there must have been police around as we were a fair distance from the bombed out building that the Martians had supposed to have landed in. I would have thought that there must have been a piece in the Echo at the time, or we were just silly schoolkids having a laugh!!!?

I do remember it though.

I have a vague memory of some school kids' hysteria about a UFO - it must have been roughly about mid 1960s ?? I can't recall what happened over that - but news must have reached our school and we were all talking about it and looking up into the sky !! Ha! I can't remember anything about the Edge Hill district.

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I have a vague memory of some school kids' hysteria about a UFO - it must have been roughly about mid 1960s ?? I can't recall what happened over that - but news must have reached our school and we were all talking about it and looking up into the sky !! Ha! I can't remember anything about the Edge Hill district.

It swept you up on board Lindy and erased your memory.

Gnomie

was it the leprechauns in botanic park that you where all chasing

Slemen is a lemon

Default Eeeek

Brother Cad and all.....

Now this may sound far fetched but........

As I was stepping out of the bath last night, there on the floor, open at the very precise page was a photo in my album that i'd not previously noticed, I mean, why would it be there, on the floor in the bathroom.

More weirdly (is that a word?) why would it be on the floor in the bathroom of my uncles sister-in-laws, whose bathroom it was???

It sent my mind racing and then it all came together...

A woman whose first name was Mary later gave birth to a being that was neither a boy or a girl - known as a goy or was it a birl? Mill Road never had the records according to her partner MrX but I believe that Rushworth and Draper had records during the same period.

I'm sorry not to have ever mentioned this previously but you may have thought I was MAD!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bully outer Trowbridge st.jpg 
Views:	503 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	4646  
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Gnomie

your picture is proof for sure Ged

See Lemon was roght all along

My dad lived In the bullring when he was a kid and Is from there and would probably think that story was crap.

He was a bouncer for the original Cavern too and told me his Devil at In Cavern story was a lie as well.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Tommy also told one about a snake type serpent that used to hang around the bin chute in Gerard Gardens, the only thing is - none of the 400 families who lived there had heard of it

I'm sorry not to have ever mentioned this previously but you may have thought I was MAD!

Or on very heavy drugs Ged,

chippie

you weirdos are all taking the p***

Default waiting for tom

having had the dubvious pleasure of featuring in one of his Echo stories and in this tale I actually died therein, after havng been cursed by a gang of super satanists from Kenny (Kenny Regen?) he still hasnt given me some basic information regarding this far fetched tale, and I'
    Im still alive so it must be true......some people say I'm dead from the waste down-Im sticking wiht Old Dick from Kensington who actualy made it on to KVFM for his first ever on air psychic sessionm the one about John Lennons face inan Eccles Cake

Default Tom Slemen

Hya,

at first I want to say, that I'm a German pupil therefore my English won't be the best.

I've got one of the "Haunted Liverpool" books from Tom Slemen and I really liked reading it, but I'm not quite sure if all the stories say the truth. So I hope that someone can respond my question whether they're true or false.

And is it true that Tom Slemen reads out some of his stories on the radio. If so, when and on which radio station.

Thank you.

Hello Littletim and welcome.

Using the search facility on the top of the page, type Tom Slemen in and you'll find threads about him on the Myths and folklore pages as well as the well known people of Liverpool page.

Blog Entries
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thank you for your quick responses and I'm sorry for not using the search facility.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast