Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Slemen

MissInformed

here here

Quote Originally Posted by chazza View Post
    The talking cat of Speke is an old legend in speke and halewood. I heard it years ago in the seventies. Cats have been known as 'familiars' i.e. attendant demons of witches.
    As for John Magin Kennedy - I asked him once if he believed anyone had left his grave and drank blood, and he said, 'They based a whole religion on one. His name was Jesus.'
    I thought that was a bit out of order though, but, s'pose he has a point .

Ah, you have to watch out for that bugger. He likes to attach things to your aura and then hand you his card canonising himself as a "demonologist, expert in exorcism and vampirism" so you run to him to remove what he placed there in the first instance. The man is a self-agrandising control freak with a moderate level of occult knowledge. And everyone knows what they say about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing! He's not a bad feller, so far as I can tell, just very fond of his public image. Very willing to help, so long as he's cast in a positive light and it's worth his while. If not, you don't see him for dust...
    Last edited by maat; 11-28-2006 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maat View Post
    Ah, you have to watch out for that bugger. He likes to attach things to your aura and then hand you his card canonising himself as a "demonologist, expert in exorcism and vampirism" so you run to him to remove what he placed there in the first instance. The man is a self-agrandising control freak with a moderate level of occult knowledge. And everyone knows what they say about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing! He's not a bad feller, so far as I can tell, just very fond of his public image. Very willing to help, so long as he's cast in a positive light and it's worth his while. If not, you don't see him for dust...

My mate knows Kennedy and assures he's the real deal and apparently he doesn't do all that no more when he last saw Kennedy saying he found it draining.

Don't think he can be that fond of public image he's not as known as Slemen and when Pricey done some Halloween special he didn't seem like he cared when Pete was asking him what if a vampire listens to this and comes after you and said there welcome to try.

Can't believe Pricey tried and Ouija board and he's a skeptic!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I know Kennedy too. I can assure you I don't doubt he has abilities! I also don't doubt he's done good work in the past, but he's strayed off his path and is in danger of getting lost in the woods. He strikes me as somebody who's suddenly realised his moral compass is spinning the wrong way and is having trouble moving the needle back to north. The last time he did any workings he did get ill, which would tally with what your friend said.

He likes to cultivate a certain 'venerable elder' image amongst Liverpool's occult and Pagan community, but that doesn't stand up to close scrutiny, I'm afraid! That's what I meant by public image, rather than the public as a whole. I should have explained myself better, sorry.

Blog Entries

RE: Scouser Hall of Fame

This section is a celebration of famous Merseyside people. It is used as resource for many visitors and members and posts. Posts are read and evaluated by moderators who take appropriate action against those that are not in keeping with the forum guidelines.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
    i have actually invited tom to join this forum...lets see if it happens!
    That would be brilliant if he joins us on here I hope he signs up.

would he let us join his hidden sections? i think not

Hi All

I really don't know Tom Slemen and perhaps I shouldn't comment on his work on the supernatural, although I came across this statement about another couple of older writers on the occult which might have some bearing on Mr. Slemen's work: ‘Like Elliot O’Donnell, Thurston Hopkins was fascinated by “true” ghost stories, and it is not always easy to distinguish between his “true” stories and his fiction.’ (Entry on R. Thurston Hopkins in the Supernatural Fiction Database)

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Ive read afew of the Haunted Liverpool books, and his articles in the merseymart, theyre very interesting.

MissInformed

they are very good books, but I wish he would include bibliographies and sources...

Default Tom Slemen

If he ever put a date in anything he has written so it could be verified or researched it would assure me for once that his articles were not works of fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    If he ever put a date in anything he has written so it could be verified or researched it would assure me for once that his articles were not works of fiction.
    That's never going to happen as revealing his sources would instantly reveal the extent of his plagiarism. Fact

Cadfael

sLemon has provided me with another rib ticker of a story in the latest Merseymart - mass sightings of a UFO in the Edge Hill district with people 'from the bullring' in town having extensive knowledge of what happened on that night.

Having researched Edge Hill's history in general and spoke to numerous amount of people having lived their all their lives, I've never once come across this 'recent' story. Ged, perhaps you have a photo of this from the Bullring?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    sLemon has provided me with another rib ticker of a story in the latest Merseymart - mass sightings of a UFO in the Edge Hill district with people 'from the bullring' in town having extensive knowledge of what happened on that night.

Having researched Edge Hill's history in general and spoke to numerous amount of people having lived their all their lives, I've never once come across this 'recent' story. Ged, perhaps you have a photo of this from the Bullring?
    Hello Cadfael

Sounds like a very big thing and I hope you will keep the rest of the world appraised of how Liverpool and the Edge Hill district particularly will be on the leading edge of extraterrestrial contacts!

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Cadfael

Personally, I'd love for someone to come up and produce a book on the facts of Liverpool's Ghosts and spookies. Obviously not photographs of them as that's asking a bit much, but slemon seems to know exactly what he was eating for breakfast 30 years ago when a ghost walked through his wall yet cannot recall exactly where his house once stood.

Give me a story on a ghost and produce written reports by the person who saw it and then I'll give him some credit.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast