Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Tom Slemen

Quote Originally Posted by underworld View Post
    Ive just got my hands on 3 copies of the London Police Gazette for 1888 with details of the murders. Dont know it they are rare. Anybody know? I paid a fiver for them.
    I think you got a bargain. Any original periodicals from the time would be to some extent rare, and of course they demand a premium price because collectors are looking for anything that covers the murders.

C
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Subdued with pressure points? That pressure point stuff gets exaggerated in Martial arts all the time! He had tools so why need to use Martial Arts even if there was evidence he was trained?
    I dare you to stick a dart in your temple.

Ok people, only just discovered this website. I only found it because I am looking for advice of how I can find a reputable paranormal investigation group. My wife took over The Prince of Wales Public House on Rice Lane, Walton Liverpool on November 23 2010. We have apparitions and physical activity in this establishment witnessed and experienced by management, staff, customers, and our sheep dog suzie. I personally believe that I became trapped in the cellar as the doorway (exit) was bricked up in breeze block and an opening appeared where a wall should have been and my body passed partially through it before I started to really panic and fell. Upon getting back to my feet the wall and door swapped places back to their original place. I must point out also that there is no breeze block down there. Our dog suzie will not allow us to go down to the cellar. She growls, barks etc. Once I picked her up and carried her down when she fought me to let her go her heart was racing her heckles were raised and she ran back up the cellar stairs whimpering and crying. She waited at the top of the stairs crying for me to come back up. The presence down there also keeps bleeding the barrels causing 22 gallons of Carling to empty down the grid. This has happened 3 times to date totaling 66 gallons. There are 2 beings all in black solid 3d states in the bar area I have seen them myself as well as customers sceptic and believers. About to start researching the pubs history and investigate the strange goings on.

There is a paranormal investigation group or member of on this forum Steve. I wonder mind a gander at these 'goings on' myself as a sceptic. Any chance of a mooch?
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Ged you are just Septic.

Slemen once talked about a flat above a shop near Penny Lane. He said he could find nobody who would stay there over night. I told him I would stay there but he never let me....BAH HUMBUG...Its all rubbish. Be afraid of the Living not the Dead.
    BE NICE......................OR ELSE

You could also count me in if we can also have a jar afterwards at the same pub. I've seen numerous 'things' that I've not been able to explain and I get a good feeling when things aren't what they should be. Willing to take some night vision movie too!

Next Yo meet up is in Steve's pub then - sorted.

A few spirits of the liquid kind followed by hopefully some close encounters of the other kind.

Spike. That was allegedly the Penny Lane poltergeist which I think was once reported in the Echo.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Steve. See this thread for your Paranormal contact;

http://www.yoliverpool.com/forum/sho...ght=paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    There is a paranormal investigation group or member of on this forum Steve. I wonder mind a gander at these 'goings on' myself as a sceptic. Any chance of a mooch?
    your on your own Gedry.

Aw come on now scaredy cats - oh, that's another thread!

Aw come on now scaredy cats - oh, that's another thread!
    I'll join you Ged if it's a night i'm free.
    I wouldn't give Satan a snowball's chance in hell against a woman's ego, man. He'd rule the Earth for a day. A week later we'd see Satan out cuttin' the lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveEmsley View Post
    Ok people, only just discovered this website. I only found it because I am looking for advice of how I can find a reputable paranormal investigation group. My wife took over The Prince of Wales Public House on Rice Lane, Walton Liverpool on November 23 2010. We have apparitions and physical activity in this establishment witnessed and experienced by management, staff, customers, and our sheep dog suzie. I personally believe that I became trapped in the cellar as the doorway (exit) was bricked up in breeze block and an opening appeared where a wall should have been and my body passed partially through it before I started to really panic and fell. Upon getting back to my feet the wall and door swapped places back to their original place. I must point out also that there is no breeze block down there. Our dog suzie will not allow us to go down to the cellar. She growls, barks etc. Once I picked her up and carried her down when she fought me to let her go her heart was racing her heckles were raised and she ran back up the cellar stairs whimpering and crying. She waited at the top of the stairs crying for me to come back up. The presence down there also keeps bleeding the barrels causing 22 gallons of Carling to empty down the grid. This has happened 3 times to date totaling 66 gallons. There are 2 beings all in black solid 3d states in the bar area I have seen them myself as well as customers sceptic and believers. About to start researching the pubs history and investigate the strange goings on.

We'd love to come down and take a look at the strange goings on. Just drop us an email. Here's some history we've found on wikipedia.

"The Prince of Wales pub on Rice Lane, which has the nickname of "The Sod House", was given the nickname by King Edward VII, who after making a royal visit to the previously mentioned Zoo, entered the establishment for refreshments, and proclaimed the pub to be a "Sod House" for reasons unknown. An alternative, or perhaps associated, explanation is that the landlord used clods of earth ("sods") draped over the beer barrels to keep the beer cool. He would water the sods and heat would be drawn from the barrels as the water evaporated"

Just what was Tom on about last night - it beggars belief?

The Linda Mc show on Radio Merseyside which takes a certain Liverpool topic each week was all about Department Stores. Tom emailed in to say he was wondering what would happen to Dickie Lewis now that Lewis's was being demolished.

Well this must have shocked a number of people besides the well heeled presenters who were all united in not hearing of this 'demolition'. Needless to say someone (not me) put poor old Tom right.

Just what was Tom on about last night - it beggars belief?

The Linda Mc show on Radio Merseyside which takes a certain Liverpool topic each week was all about Department Stores. Tom emailed in to say he was wondering what would happen to Dickie Lewis now that Lewis's was being demolished.

Well this must have shocked a number of people besides the well heeled presenters who were all united in not hearing of this 'demolition'. Needless to say someone (not me) put poor old Tom right.
    Is that correct that Lewis's is going to be demolished?

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Did you read it all including the last line Chris

Okay, thanks. What is the current status of the building? Empty or what? I have an acquaintance who works for the school system who had an office in there, so I don't know if the schools still hold space in the building.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910