Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: London Road Area

Is it the one on this page Marky - about 24th line down next to the Coleman's depository pic?

http://inacityliving.piczo.com/?g=42204765&cr=7

www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Yes, that's the one. I'd have posted my own pic if it wasn't so dull. I'll have to return to this building when it's sunnier. There's a small stencil pic on the side of this, also. Demolition must have only just started, as only the roof has gone.

Oh I do have fond memories of T J Hughes and London Rd.....living in the nurses home of the New Royal in 1978 made it my local store..loved to browse in the bargain basement..didnt earn too much so was all I could afford.....I remember there was a Barclays Bank on the corner with a little store on the opposite side of the road....used to go there for food.....they did a splendid job of keeping me in Frey Bentos Steak and Kidney pies.....

Its all seems so long ago since those days but this site is helping my fading memory and every so often I read something and there I am 18yrs old and having fun with all Liverpool could offer.

And of shops I remember Chelsea Girl opening..thought we were the bee's knee's shopping there..could afford to do so often though

Incidentally there's a plan for a new residential/commercial scheme on Islington,roughly behind the co-op building. Hopefully it'll add some more life into those dismal back streets.

Dave.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234