Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Still Smarting (CTG)

Default Still Smarting (CTG)

Still Smarting

I've been outsmarted by my SmartPhone,
    outmaneuvered, outdone, and outmanned.
    Luckily, I've a SmartWife and SmartChild,
    a SmartFamily will always see you through
    -- unless you let yourself be Dumbed Down.
    Friends, welcome to Civilization for Dummies.

Chrstopher T. George
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist
    Editor, Loch Raven Review
    http://christophertgeorge.blogspot.com/
    Chris on Flickr and on MySpace

Blog Entries

Nice one Chris. I borrowed Yabuks phone last week. It's a stupid touch screen thing. I never had a clue how it worked. They made me get rid of my phone cos it was an embarrasment.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo42 View Post
    Nice one Chris. I borrowed Yabuks phone last week. It's a stupid touch screen thing. I never had a clue how it worked. They made me get rid of my phone cos it was an embarrasment.
    Hi Pabs

I don't have a Smartphone so I am just riffing off the idea of having one. My cameraphone is sophisticated enough and I can't figure out everything it can do and I don't really want to know everything it does. I see these people on the Marc Train between Baltimore and D.C. fiddling with their Blackberries, and just have to tell myself how daft and time consuming it all is. . . And don't get me started on texting. . . particularly while driving which absolutely boggles my mind -- such people deserve to be slung in the slammer and the key thrown away.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

Blog Entries

Yes, gotta agree with you on all your points. I haven't got a phone at present. I used to have a company phone but they took it off me to save money. The bill was ?200 per month. A tad excessive. Now I manage without one. Don't miss it at all. Folk complain they can't get in touch with me, but that suits me fine.

George

I don't have a mobile simply because I don't wanna look like the jerk the other day picking at a stonewall while he had the phone rammed up against his ear...more to the point I don't want to be disturbed whilst I'm out and about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I don't have a mobile simply because I don't wanna look like the jerk the other day picking at a stonewall while he had the phone rammed up against his ear...more to the point I don't want to be disturbed whilst I'm out and about.
    Yes, it's quite pleasant without the phone. When folk make arrangements, when you aint got a phone, they generally stick to the agreed times and meeting places. Used to get sick of the calls telling you they were running late. Hate that. I'm never late.

Yes, gotta agree with you on all your points. I haven't got a phone at present. I used to have a company phone but they took it off me to save money. The bill was ?200 per month. A tad excessive. Now I manage without one. Don't miss it at all. Folk complain they can't get in touch with me, but that suits me fine.
    You're just like me I don't have a mobile phone - never had one, and don't particularly want one. People complain they can't get in touch with me as well

I'm notorious for ignoring the house phone when it rings !!

.. and I certainly don't want a phone ringing me when I'm out and about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    You're just like me I don't have a mobile phone - never had one, and don't particularly want one. People complain they can't get in touch with me as well

I'm notorious for ignoring the house phone when it rings !!

I don't want a phone ringing me when I'm out and about.
    I do that too. I never answer me phone.

I do that too. I never answer me phone.
    I can never understand why people jump up from their meal and leave it to go cold, or jump out of the bath and run with a towel around to answer a bladdy phone !!

I just leave it.

I can quite happily sit beside a ringing phone and not 'wonder ' who it is

Blog Entries

I can never understand why people jump up from their meal and leave it to go cold, or jump out of the bath and run with a towel around to the bladdy phone !!

I just leave it.

I do that too. The girls go mad, they say aren't you gonna get that. I say I'm not expecting anyone. They get all their calls on their mobiles. The very same ones I pay for.

Mines been my life saver at times, you just never know how important the next call is. It's also got me work and enabled friends to meet up with me in town for a scoop or two and a gab. Wouldn't be without it.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

I can never understand why people jump up from their meal and leave it to go cold, or jump out of the bath and run with a towel around to answer a bladdy phone !!

I just leave it.

Actually one of the things that annoys me is the power of "The Phone" even before the present mobile phone age. It seems that someone on "The Phone" gets more attention than someone who is right there in person, in the flesh, which appears to me to be a most ridiculous and absurd situation.

C
    Christopher T. George
    Editor, Ripperologist

I do that too. The girls go mad, they say aren't you gonna get that. I say I'm not expecting anyone. They get all their calls on their mobiles. The very same ones I pay for.
    Exactly ! same here, - - I say, it's never for me - - or it will only be some pest anyway, or someone wantin' something !! !

Probably because that person right there can have your attention for the rest of the whole time whereas the person on the phone only has those minutes when they've rang you and they mightn't have known you were with someone so unless you ignore the phone because you can see who is calling you and ring them back, then it might be someone you've been waiting on. As long as you're polite to the person you're with and say excuse me a minute please I don't see the problem.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
    Actually one of the things that annoys me is the power of "The Phone" even before the present mobile phone age. It seems that someone on "The Phone" gets more attention than someone who is right there in person, in the flesh, which appears to me to be a most ridiculous and absurd situation.

C
    One thing I hate is when someone takes a call and leaves you sitting there like a lemon, and twiddle your thumbs while they talk away. I think it's very rude. Like someone not switching off the telly when you visit.

First thing I do when we have a visitor is switch of the tv or radio - and if I get a phone call that I can't ignore, I politely ask to get back to them - - or at least take the call in another room and be as quick as poss. ( but mostly I just ignore any phone ringing !! ha,ha, 'specially if I have a guest who I want to talk to more importantly)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast