Thread: Old Liverpool School Buildings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Old School

Hi there, I was brought up overlooking the old school in School lane, for many years it was used by the council as a potting shed used for caring for the Rose Gardens in Woolton Woods, if anyone remembers there was a Cookoo Clock and small Fish Pond with Fountain in the middle.
    After the councils use finnished it was converted and used as a private house for several years.
    There had been many crashes into the stucture of the building over the years, (some unfortunatly fatal), I even crashed my motorbike into it more than once usualy avoiding cars as the road narrows at thet point and is also on a bend.
    I have just been listening to the children playing in the gardens of the old school, its good to know it still has its uses

I went to St Silas School ! they knocked down the old building, then I went to Liverpool Girls College on Grove Street and blow me that gets pulled down too ! such a shame as they where unusual especially Liverpool College it always reminded me of the Adams family house !!

Hi, Squiggs
    I also went to Liverpool Girls' College from 1955 to 1962 my name then was Dorothy Cowin, now its Dorothy Kahn and I live in Murray Hill Manhattan.