Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Mersey Boats, Ships, Vessels and other floating things

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Boss Zoom, no stopping you now

Ha haaa..Cheers john...Thats it mate....Were off now Lad !!!

Blog Entries

^^Nice pics Dave^^ cheers
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Gerard

So Dave brings me back down to earth again..Lol..
    Great pics as per usual Davey Boy !!

Gerard

How the F'n ell do you get that close Dave from St Georges Tower..Thats in Everton isnt it ...
    Is your Lens Abarr 8ft Long....Do you need a Transit Van to put it in !!!.
    Seriously Dave..What Lens did you use for that Great shot you took of the Liver Building with the Mountains with Snow on the peaks.
    And what Camera(s) Do u use if you dont Mind me asking..

scouserdave

Thanks Kev and behave yerself Gerard LOL!
    The zoom from Everton is with my old Nikon 8800 and the other two are either an Olympus 8800 or E500. I haven't got the info to hand as these are all copies (originals at the office) and they don't contain the exif data.

Here's one of my recent favourites, the Gladstone, Canada and Bramley Moore entering Langton Lock.

Gerard

Brilliant Mate,,I want yer autograph..
    Seriously..Theres a Few of You on here that take Fantastic Photo's..Are you a professional Dave.
    AND..is The Nikon 8800 the full shebang..Or Just the Body..Whats the Lens in mm.

Blog Entries

Have u checked out http://www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk yet?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Gerard, the Nikon 8800 is just a d_amn fine digi camera. It's been discontinued for a while now, same as the Olympus 8080. I'll never swap them though. I've got 6 cameras in all...that's if you count that cheapo Samsung that I bought recently (which I've only ever used to take 10 shots!)

Here's the spec and a review for the 8800

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Have u checked out http://www.liverpoolpictorial.co.uk yet?
    Excellent Kev,I have seen that Pictorial site before,I notice all the Pictures are for sale..Whats to stop anybody right clicking and saving the photo and then printing it..I also know that a Photo advertised on there is not actually as the Photographer claims..I think He's being a bit Naughty to sell it by claiming its something its not...

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    I also know that a Photo advertised on there is not actually as the Photographer claims..I think He's being a bit Naughty to sell it by claiming its something its not...
    Tell me which one Gerard and I'll look into it.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Gerard, the Nikon 8800 is just a d_amn fine digi camera. It's been discontinued for a while now, same as the Olympus 8080. I'll never swap them though. I've got 6 cameras in all...that's if you count that cheapo Samsung that I bought recently (which I've only ever used to take 10 shots!)

Here's the spec and a review for the 8800
    Looks a great Camera Dave..I'll have to have a blimp on Ebay for one of them.

Gerard

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Tell me which one Gerard and I'll look into it.
    Are you involved on there Dave..I dont really want to get the fella in trouble or anything.

scouserdave

It's not the location where the Quarry Men Skiffle Group played on 6th July 1957 is it Gerard? That's the only pic I can think of that you might be querying. I saw your fantastic Beatle related pics recently and noticed your location for the Quarry Men gig was different from my shot. I didn't think too much about it at the time. All I can say is that is where Dave the caretaker who looks after the church and hall said the gig was played and that he was there at the time. Also, Jim O'Donnell who wrote The Day John Met Paul said that was the exact spot when I done some work for him. Me? I haven't a clue. I was just going by what they told me.

BTW Bob Paisley's buried nearby. I wouldn't have known unless Dave the caretaker pointed it out.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Dave,I never had a clue you took that Photo..Honest to god mate..
    It May well be the actual spot Now you took it and I'm in the wrong !!!

Bob's Grave...His son Graham gave me permission to use it..Lovely Fella.
    Great pic and a great man Gerard, thanks.

I don't know about you being in the wrong, but you've got me worrying now if I'm in the wrong LOL!

scouserdave

Gerard, they could right click, save them and get them printed, but the quality would look crap. The images you see on websites are 72 dpi whereas they need to be at least 300dpi or 4 x the size. Most of the pics on my website may just about make a half decent quality 3 inch wide pic which is a chance I'm prepared to take.

However, like I wrote a few weeks back, I may start using watermarks after a recent experience of somebody using them for their youtube video without my permission. I also had to ask somebody today (for the second time!) to take my pics off their web page, because they "borrowed" them without giving any credit. Why do people do that?!

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast