Thread: CWGC headstones at Ford Cemetery

Gnomie

Default CWGC headstones at Ford Cemetery

Hi All

I was at ford cemetery in Liverpool today, i noticed a lot of CWGC headstones. i took 4 pictures of the following stones

Gunner T.Mcdonald 1526545 , Royal Artillery, 7/4/1945

T.Sweeney , Fireman and trimmer, SS Fort Stikine , 20/11/44

J G Brown. Stoker, Lt/Ky 112188, Royal Navy Patrol Service, 18/2/46

J.Delaney, Leading Stoker RN. D/KX 138234, H.M.S Drake. 5/2/46 aged 44

I will be going back to take more another day. i will try to get them all.there is a lovely monument to the fallen of both wars, being sunday i was not going to go taking lots of pictures as the cemetery was busy. but i will try to get them all.

If any of the above are yours then let me know and i will pass on the photos. if you have a relative at Ford let me know and i will try and get their headstone picture. it may help someone, you never know.

Tony.

I realize that this is a very old post, but was hoping to make contact. I have family recently discovered family that I never knew that are buried in Ford Cemetery. And it would mean the world to me to see if there is a headstone for this family and get a picture of it. I live in the states with no means to get there personally anytime soon. I dream about it, but alas right now it's just not possible. I think some how seeing the site would some how bring me closer to a side of my family I never knew. It's the Belger family, plot K130. Last known burial there was my grandmother in 1942. Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help!

I'll do my best kc, but it may be 2 or 3 days before I can get there.

Davec...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! No worries! I'll even wait a month knowing that a pic may be coming. My heart is jumping with joy right now! Thank you, thank you and thank you. doing a happy dance!

We have some great people on this forum, there's always some one here willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsells1 View Post
    Davec...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! No worries! I'll even wait a month knowing that a pic may be coming. My heart is jumping with joy right now! Thank you, thank you and thank you. doing a happy dance!
    Hi
    if you send me the details, ie, full name and date of death
    I will- get you the full burial records

This is what I know. My g-grandfather Joseph Belger bought the plot in 1922. He died in 1945, his wife Mary Frances died in 1950. I also believe Joseph's sister Catherine Belger is buried there. She died in 1931. My grandmother Winifred Belger died in 1942. Her death record shows she was 8 months pregnant. Ive never found a death record for an infant at that time so I don't know if there was a child born. I found burial records on Ancestry.com but they are just book entries. They all show plot K130.

Hope this is adequate information. This is EXTEREMLY appreciate!!!!

Hugs from across the pond!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

How do I express my Heartfelt appreciation to all you wonderful people! I can't even begin to express my gratitude! A little back story: my parents divorsed when I was 2, and only saw my father once after that and I was only 13. We had some contact with his father (my Grandpa B) but he died when I was 15. Neither of them talked much about family history. All I knew is that both of them were born in Liverpool and that my grandmother died before they moved here. I knew of 2 brothers of my grandmother, John & Charlie. Because of them I knew my grandmother's maiden name. That's it! Everything else I've found on my own. I've always been curious about them but knew no more than that. Doing some research on Ancestry.com I found some bits & pieces of their family. Thanks to all of you I'm one step closer to knowing more. I can't describe in words how much it means to me the value of having this information! Again, thank you & bless you!!!!

Hi
    OK that is finje I will find info for you

Thank you again!!!!!!!

I'm sorry kc, I went up there today and I'm afraid there is no headstone. There are headstones either side, but where K130 should be is grassed over. I'm putting up pics of the plots either side.
    The one in the shape of a Celtic cross (William Louis Roberts) is K129, and is in the Ancestry database.
    The simple Commonwealth War Grave to the right of K129 is K131, but I can't find that one in Ancestry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford Cemetery K129 Ancestry.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	218.1 KB 
ID:	21147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford Cemetery K129 detail.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	21143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford Cemetery K131 detail.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	21145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford Cemetery K131.jpg 
Views:	448 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	21146   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ford cemetery K129.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	21144  

Last edited by Davec; 05-21-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Additional info

I have details for you can you mail me direct at

steve.m1swb(at)tiscali.co.uk

Davec...

I can't say thank you enough!! Thank you for taking time out of your day to do this. A bit disappointing that there is no headstone
    But even just seeing the graveyard and the location means a lot to me!! If you ever need research done or a pic from Florida just let me know! Again, many thanks for doing this!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Steve,

sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

Well done Dave and Steve.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Well done Dave and Steve.
    Thanks Ged, appreciated