Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Garden Festival Site

Quote Originally Posted by kat2 View Post
    Nice layout what do others think? I think it offers a solution for both the investor and those that wish to retain some parkland.
    kat
    Totally agree kat2, It would of been great for the whole site to be kept as it was for the IGF, but it's not feasable.

This is a good compromise for all

p.s. this is my first post, but long time reader!

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    AAAhhh.. that brought back so many memories, especially the Chinese garden

Anyone else got any video footage from the IGF?

Steven

Wonderful memories are being destroyed by Kevin Sampson's book *Outlaws*

Released as a film just in time for our 2008 City of Culture.!!!

Do we really need this negative Sh*t. In a City we are PROUD to belong to ?

chippie

I,ll say yuppy and yippy to that proposal Kat

Default upadte on garden festival site and another request for contact detials

hey guys,

thouht keep u updated on the garden fetival ite thing. I nterviewed lucy page on monday, and it was a very intsreting interview.She opened my eyes to what was happening on the site. anways wot i wanted to now woz anyone know to teh intial planning applicapion for the graden festival site? have tried plannin section on the council website but it doen't seem to be there.

I've got this link but can't remember exactly where it came from

Most stuff is under the 3 Parks Committee or Executive Board

Mike

kat2

I dont think the initial planning application matters, as, I beleive its been revised anyway. No doubt next year when it goes before government? then things should be alot clearer. I do think though some live in fantasy world if they think the festival site would be revived as a festival site., unless of course you dont all mind paying extra on your council tax for it, and considering how many parks and gardens liverpool has, I cannot see that happening. Yes, you could agrue about the fact that it was a toxic dump not to be built on, but then no doubt over time they will find a work around for this.
    pity really because I personally feel the new plans look like a very sensible compromise considering the cost of the proposed new park and lake, yes there will be homes built where the old buildings were, but then nothngs for free.
    kat
    ** I see a traite around liverpool, *sadly*, I want it this way and I want it now*!
    kat

Have they set a date for the public enquiry yet? And does anyone know if they've done any more work on the IGF site?

Blog Entries

EXTENSIVE plans to restore Liverpool’s former garden festival site have taken a crucial step forward.

Councillors agreed to hand over land next to the 67-acre site so developer Langtree McLean can start its £250m scheme if it gets the final go-ahead from the Government.

Liverpool council must now wait until the verdict from next month’s public inquiry before it knows if restoration work can start on the gardens, woods and grasslands.

Langtree McLean wanted an extra two acres of land between the festival gardens and Otterspool promenade to help it build waterfront apartment blocks.

But after talks with the council, they will now only need about 0.2 acres, mostly to create new footpaths.

Councillors rejected rumours the prom-enade would close to let the development take place.

IC Liverpool.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Cadfael

Personally, I would be very happy to buy a house on that plot of land as long as the little go-kart track was in my garden

scouserdave

Hi folks,
    FYI, As well as the public inquiry on 30th October, there's also a public event organised for Saturday 27th October at The Old Police Station, Lark Lane, L17. Please forward on to anyone interested in attending.

Cheers

scouserdave

The latest news from Karen Fletcher is that part of the prom from approximately the Britannia Pub to near Otterspool will be handed over to the developers Langtree McLean. If the development goes through, Langtree McLean plan to close this section off to the public from dawn to dusk for the privacy of the residents.

Karen finishes off her email with:
    "The bottom line is, Langtree McLean want to rip up the trees and shrubs and replace with 8 storey apartments and keep this part of the prom for the residents of their buildings and restrict access to the public who utilise this area and have enjoyed it use for many years. Don't let this happen, pass this on to people you think may be affected as they need to know that whilst in full flow of their walk, jog or cycle ride they may have to stop at some railings erected and turn back!
    Regards
    Karen"

^ didn't see that coming... NOT.

The b@stards

Blog Entries

What does she mean by:

and restrict access to the public who utilise this area and have enjoyed it use for many years.
    How have the public utilised the area? Its been closed off to the public for 20 odd years.

Are they planning to cut off and restrict access along the prom in front of the brtannia?

The elavated car park (in front of the britannia) is going to go as well in the future.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    What does she mean by:

How have the public utilised the area? Its been closed off to the public for 20 odd years.

Are they planning to cut off and restrict access along the prom in front of the brtannia?

The elavated car park (in front of the britannia) is going to go as well in the future.
    I think it depends where you start and end your quote
    keep this part of the prom for the residents of their buildings and restrict access to the public who utilise this area and have enjoyed it use for many years
    That makes more sense than quoting
    and restrict access to the public who utilise this area and have enjoyed it use for many years

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast