Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Garden Festival Site

Blog Entries

Well thanks for whoever is responsible for this

It shall remain closed to members of the public yet open to all manner of antisocial activities including motorbike/ quad bike riding and dog hunting plus other men in white transits

Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

If they would just hand over Otterspool to me It would be a public ninja training ground by now.

The Mersey Is perfect for water element techniques.

The best views for Sun rise and sets to bring out tha fire In a warrior.

The Outdoor gym gear It has will harness the muscles to Improve earth element techniques.

Heavy winds due to being near the mesey will Improve wind powa and flight!

Sea Otters will return and become Sensei's. The Otters will test abdomen strength too by putting a sea shell on your stomach and smash the seashell with a giant rock and see how tough your abs really are.

Plus It has two swing parks!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

BUILDING work on a development at Liver-pool’s derelict Interna-tional Garden Festival could start next year, after a date was set for an inquiry into the plans. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thumbs up

Hopefully this project will go ahead. I could understand if the entire site was being redeveloped into housing, but it's only about a quarter of it with the rest of it being restored and opened to the public. Even the residential bits are going to be opened up.

kat2

I agree, after all in the real world who could support something like the old site that once stood their, its about compromise and, like you have said now there seems to be a balanced approach. My only concerns are around the fact that it was once a rubbish dump and how that may or may not impact upon the health of residents there. Anything though has to be better than the dead lock situation that it currently is in. I do hope people realise that fancy parks cost money (council tax money) and if we are to try and keep a cap on things then this seems to be the best of both.
    kat

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    BUILDING work on a development at Liver-pool’s derelict Interna-tional Garden Festival could start next year, after a date was set for an inquiry into the plans. Read
    Who does the Liverpool Daily Post employ as a proof reader?
    An illiterate Chimp?
    This ridiculous habit of putting unnecessary hyphens in words has even reached the word 'Liverpool' (and 'International').
    It looks so tatty and amateurish.

Default contacts for garden festival site

hwy guys. i am a 20 year student studying at the university of chester at the warrington campus. i know there has been som debates in your sprevously about this. I woz wondering if u ahd the contact details of a woman called lucy page. she is the chairwoman of teh save the garden festival site campagin. if u can help me, post here, or gizz us a bell, on 07747083604.

thanks,
    mike green.
    Last edited by mike green; 08-15-2007 at 04:01 PM.

yea howie. have tried that, and just got a funnye-mail back over sigining some petition. do u ahve a direct phone number for kate page?

kat2

Lucy Page (Chairwoman) 0151 728 9066 pagelucy@merseymail
    ================================================== ===
    More here too
    http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/regio...04/368655.html
    not sure why anyone in their right minds would want to save something thats going to cost the council tax payer more money. I thought the new propsals for park land and development seemed like a good idea, long gone are the days of places like that, you only need to look at the national trend and alot of theme parks have closed, there just not financially viable any more, and liverpool is very fortunate in having alot of lovely parks, more so than most cities.
    kat
    I bet people wouldnt be so keen if they had to foot the bill through higher council tax rates to pay for such venues?

Quote Originally Posted by kat2 View Post
    not sure why anyone in their right minds would want to save something thats going to cost the council tax payer more money
    See www.geocities.com/savethefestivalgardens

kat2

** those excuses seem very poor, there are large sections of the water front not available to the public! take part of brunswick for example, the only valid argument they have is land contamination. I actually thought the new proposals were very good and offered a good compromise. Get real is what I say theres no way a garden festival site will ever open again, it costs too much money to maintaine, at a time when councils are being forced and forced to cut back to the bone. how many public parks and gardens does liverpool have? more than most.
    another pie in the sky dream
    I think the developer turned some lovely drawings out and it offers woodland, a park, a lake, looks nice to me. If the garden festival site was so popular how come it went into decline so quickly after?
    bit like southports pleasure land, under funded the net result, closure.
    kat

The trees should have helped remove a lot of the contamination. You can clean up almost anything with a few willows and earthworms. See, for example, the work of the Brownfield Remediation to Forestry Research Group here.

kat2

I think the proposed drawings if they get the go ahead offers a good solution all round. Lets not forget the site wasnt viable from the outset, and only had a short shelf life. The garden festival site did not pay, it became run down and eventually had to close due to costs.
    the above plans at least offer some park land and a lake, yuppy or not, this seems the only viable way forward.
    More here by the developer
    http://www.festivalgardens.co.uk/
    to view the plans please select this download
    http://www.festivalgardens.co.uk/pdf...m=1&iwloc=addr
    photograph curtsey of skyscrapercity
    kat
    Last edited by kat2; 08-16-2007 at 01:18 PM.

kat2

Nice layout what do others think? I think it offers a solution for both the investor and those that wish to retain some parkland.
    kat

Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast