Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool Garden Festival Site

Mayfield has gone into administration

Story by PlaceNorthwest.co.uk

Liverpool-based Mayfield Construction has gone into administration with 72 of the 75 staff being made redundant.

Mayfield Construction, which is based on Knowsley Industrial Park in Kirkby, was part of the project team that restored the Garden Festival park site in Otterspool.
    Working on behalf of site owner Langtree, the construction firm was the main contractor on the refurbishment of the park where the International Garden Festival took place in 1984.

Following the announcement of the collapse of Mayfield, Langtree said that the gardens' opening will need to be put back from July to mid-September as it searches for a replacement contractor to complete Mayfield's contract.

John Downes, Langtree managing director, said: "We are sad that Mayfield has found itself in this predicament having almost completed the works necessary at the site. Good people have lost their jobs, the opening date for the gardens will unfortunately be delayed and we, like a number of other companies, are likely to lose money as a result of Mayfield's collapse.

"We are now working very hard behind the scenes to identify a new contractor to complete the works and we hope to have some positive news very soon.

"I know from personal experience how keen people are to see the new gardens and it is frustrating that they will have to wait a little longer. However, I can assure you that it will be worth the wait."

Downes added that emergency ground maintenance staff are being drafted in by Langtree on a temporary basis to tend to the newly laid lawns and flower beds until a new contractor is identified.

Downes said: "On the plus side, when we re-open everything will have had a little longer to bed in and mature and the gardens will look even more spectacular."

Quote Originally Posted by GingerTheCat View Post
    It looks like the previously announced date on fesitivalgardens.com was a mistake.

Quote from Langtree...

Grrr.

It was no mistake - they've already put back the opening date twice because of problems they've been experiencing for some time now, for reasons I've already mentioned above in this Thread. The fact is, the work hasn't been carried out very well and Langtree and Mayfields have each blamed the other.

Today's news is that the opening has been put back for a third time, due to the collapse of Mayfields. September is apparently the earliest it is likely to happen now.

Hi everyone,
    im a third year geography student and im doing my dissertation on the garden festival site. im looking at the sites history from before the festival to the present day. If anyone has any photographs or information on the sites use before the festival it would be really helpfull. Thanks
    sarah

Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by John Doh View Post
    It was no mistake - they've already put back the opening date twice because of problems they've been experiencing for some time now, for reasons I've already mentioned above in this Thread. The fact is, the work hasn't been carried out very well and Langtree and Mayfields have each blamed the other.

Today's news is that the opening has been put back for a third time, due to the collapse of Mayfields. September is apparently the earliest it is likely to happen now.

Company check website report
    LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED, established 2006-10-31

inShare
    According to Companies House the status of LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED is currently Active.

LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED was first registered at Companies House on 2006-10-31 as a "Private Limited with share capital" company, registration number 05982867. On the last annual return they registered as SIC classification code 70320, stating that the main activity of the company was "Management of real estate on a fee or contract basis".

The company last filed accounts on 2011-01-17 of type "Group".
    Registered office address

CENTRIX HOUSE,
    CROW LANE EAST
    NEWTON LE WILLOWS ST HELENS
    WA12 9UY

(Company Directors at WA12 9UY )

Website Address

http://www.langtreegroup.co.uk

WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT

To build our website we need more visitors. Please click the +1 button and spread the word. Clicking +1 will NOT leave this page.

The below financials figures are extracted from accounts filed on 2011-01-17 at Companies House and published by ukdata.com .
    To monitor this company for changes and to find out when new accounts are filed:
    Cash at Bank

From the most recent set of accounts filed by LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED their cash at bank in 2010 was:

£21,000
    • 2010 £21,000
    • 2009 £59,000
    • 2008 £69,000
    • 2007 £1,872
    Net Worth

From the most recent set of accounts filed by LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED their net worth in 2010 was:

£-14,975,000
    • 2010 £-14,975,000
    • 2008 £-2,565,000
    • 2007 £17,001
    Total Liabilities

From the most recent set of accounts filed by LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED their total liabilities in 2010 were:

£15,260,000
    • 2010 £15,260,000
    • 2009 £15,280,000
    • 2008 £15,263,000
    • 2007 £5
    Total Current Liabilities

From the most recent set of accounts filed by LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED their total liabilities in 2010 were:

£0
    • 2010 £0
    • 2009 £20,000
    • 2008 £3,000
    • 2007 £5

To monitor this company for changes and to find out when new accounts are filed:
    Hope it's not more bad news!
    Chas

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Red face Tuesday 26-7-2011

***************MIGHT BE A BIT CLEARER****************

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Company Check on LANGTREE VENTURES LIMITED_1311636315001 copy.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	746.8 KB 
ID:	22343

Apologies for no graphics on earlier post.
    Chas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Langtree 1.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	355.6 KB 
ID:	22344  

Hi everyone, i am currently undertaking a research project regarding the sediment history of the Liverpool International Garden Festival Site. If you would like to share your thoughts in relation to the site please follow the link below to complete a short survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/597WF5H

Thank you
    Sarah

Just got back from a cycle to Otterspool and a gate to the festival gardens was open so I had a look it. The ponds are still being filled in, I think the play areas being done up still a bit, another part but it's nearly done otherwise.

I am not sure whether it's actually open yet but I just thought I'd have a look since a gate was open. Also had a go at reading the Japanese on the gates and the stone that explains how someone from Japan was sent over by their government to make sure it was authentic. They had it all in English anyway.

Lots of bike locks and dog poo bins too.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

I've heard it won't open until April next year now

I hope it isn't true

I think you're right... It was certainly looking a good deal better last April than it is now. And seeing as it's supposed to be an actual garden, it might be best to wait until there are actual blooms to admire...

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
    I've heard it won't open until April next year now

I hope it isn't true
    Wasn't open when my mum went down but the builders told her sometime in November but you're probably right. I must of just caught it open at the right time to have a look.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Glad to see Max is out and about on a bike again! Hope you'll be posting some pics for us Max!!!

Always on the bike still, just finding photography troubling at the moment.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

"I'm sure you'll succeeed Max! Cheers

Default from Place North West

Another deadline passes for festival park opening
    16 Nov 2011, 16:16

Developer Langtree and park manager the Land Trust said they cannot put a precise date on when the restored Liverpool Festival Gardens will open after missing their latest proposed date of 'early November'.

More >>

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast