Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Everton Brow Views

I can walk to Everton park from here - up Breck rd and over the hill. I hardly ever go there tho' .. perhaps at new year to watch the fireworks.

Like everything else - you sometimes ignore what's on your doorstep.
    I can't fail to notice the fantastic view though, I see it every time I'm on the 14c bus going into town - I always look over to the Welsh hills on a clear day.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I have only just started taking the odd holiday since the kids have grown up and left home. It is visiting other cities abroad that has prompted me to really look at this city that I have spent nearly all my life in (but taken for granted).

After I moved abroad and returned for a visit, I realised how much we take for granted.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I can walk to Everton park from here - up Breck rd and over the hill. I hardly ever go there tho' .. perhaps at new year to watch the fireworks.

I can't fail to notice the fantastic view though, I see it every time I'm on the 14c bus going into town - I always look over to the Welsh hills on a clear day.
    Yes! I've had the same experiance! Once I was on the bus going along Everton Ridge; the sun was low in the sky as it was getting a little late. We were just drawing level with the Radio City Tower and thne the most amazing thing happened. We were level with the city tower for a split second, and in that split second, the sun was sat ontop of it. It looked like the City Tower was a beacon of light casting warm, bright rays across the city. It was just so amazing for one split second!

Might sound like a load of what do you call it's but it did happen! And it was just an amazing sight to marvel too!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post
    the sun was low in the sky as it was getting a little late. We were just drawing level with the Radio City Tower and thne the most amazing thing happened. We were level with the city tower for a split second, and in that split second, the sun was sat ontop of it. It looked like the City Tower was a beacon of light casting warm, bright rays across the city.
    Wow! Wallasey mate, that was lovely

There are fantastic views from there. It's amazing how much you can see of the Welsh mountains on a good clear day.
    Years ago my cousin lived in St George's Heights (on the hill). He lived on the 19th floor facing towards the river - can you imagine the fantastic view from the 19th floor AND the building already perched in a lofty position.

Yeh, let's have more pics on the forum of the city from the side we see it from - from Everton Brow, Low Hill, etc. rather than from the river.

I used to live where Everton Park is now, and remember being able to see the fair all lit up in New Brighton many years ago.
    My brother also lived in St Georges Hts on 17th floor, his views on a clear day were from Speke airport to Giro in Bootle.
    When I used to visit him the binoculars came out and you could even see the traffic on the other side of the river.
    All gone now of course.

He might have known my cousin.

Yes..I wonder.

scouserdave

Here's a few from the top of Corinth Tower on Netherfield Road. Taken about 4 years ago. Admin/Mods, any chance of adjusting the thread title to "Everton Brow Views"

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    Admin/Mods, any chance of adjusting the thread title to "Everton Brow Views"
    Done!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Done!
    Spot on! Great pics sd
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    Done!
    Howie, sorry I've just realised. Thanks alot
    Cheers Kev

scouserdave

Here's a couple of rare views OF Everton Brow taken from the north. Sadly the big white block of flats in one of the pics has gone. I used to love taking pics from it's roof.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast