Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One [Paradise Street] Shopping Area [Under Construction]

Default Linkspan Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by kat View Post
    Lovely photos, a decent day at last, has anyone noticed the giant ramps being readied on samuel cunard way?
    kat
    Sat 29 July , The link span bridge being assembled...........

http://

]http://

Blog Entries

HALF of the apartments in one of Liverpool’s most stunning residential blocks have been sold, more than 16 months before the buyers can move in. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Disagree. Just an old dock, good for nothing and nobody. Time to move on.
    If Liverpool did not relish its magnificent history; its sense of adventure and enterprise; its unrivalled ambition, it would be just be a run down mish-mash of down and out buildings half occupied by a population without hope. Oh, we did that already...

view from above
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aerial.JPG 
Views:	834 
Size:	732.6 KB 
ID:	4012  

Quote Originally Posted by petromax View Post
    view from above
    Grand picture, Petromax.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Cooool picture Petromax ... finally starting to look like it does in the artist's impressions

Grosvenor to fight Scotland Road stadium plan

LIVERPOOL council officials yesterday launched a month-long study into the viability of a site for a new Everton FC stadium that will keep the club within the city boundaries.

It appears the so-called trumpet site off Scotland Road is now first choice for the city as it seeks to provide a Plan B for Everton fans who yesterday were sent their ballot papers over the proposed move to Knowsley.

But the Daily Post can reveal that any development on the site will face tough opposition from city centre businesses, including the £1bn Paradise Street development.

They will attempt to veto any significant commercial development that could pose a threat to the economical viability of the city centre retail core.

Continues here... (icLiverpool)
    I think what they've been doing for the city with the Paradise Project has been great, but suddenly he's got greedy. "I'm spending £1 billion on a retail project, but I don't want anyone else to". Manchester's got the Trafford Centre a few miles out of town, and the city centre and the Arndale centre still seems full of customers. Will he object to St John's Centre being renovated too?

It'll never happen. Everton seem hell bent on ignoring anything but the tesco offer.

And on the Park West buidling, i go past there maybe 20 times a week. It was only the back end of last week that i realised how much they'd done, it seems to have progressed very quickly in the last month. Maybe i should actually look as i go past.

Blog Entries

THE £1bn Liverpool One development could open ahead of schedule, the ECHO can reveal.

Anchor tenants John Lewis and Debenhams both recently took over their state-of-the-art stores and expressed a desire to open as early as possible next year.

Now Paradise Project leader Rod Holmes says the race is on to open as much of the scheme as possible as early as possible.

He said: “We have handed over the two main stores now and we will try to push the second phase on so that we get as many stores as possible opening in spring.

“We are on time and we are confident this next stage will finish not only on time but as early as we can.

“We are on course for delivering the third stage, the opening of the main Liverpool One shopping area, next spring. This will be over six months earlier than our deadline.”

The main retail area Grosvenor hopes to open will include the west side of Paradise Street and South John Street, followed a few months later by the east side of Paradise Street.

Mr Holmes said: “It’s all about mud and road closures at the moment.

“But when we open up the streets again they will be fresh, clean, convenient and exciting.”

And he revealed the massive scale of the development which is expected to create 5,000 jobs.

“We are still designing and planning. We only completed the site assembly in February,” he added.

Mr Holmes walks the site each Friday evening to check on progress and said: “We have a superb team on the project which is moving very fast. It is exciting and we are on time.”

During a guided tour for the ECHO he revealed the latest progress on the 43-acre development, including the remodelled Chavasse Park which will sweep from The Strand and up two storeys in height to a vast terrace of restaurants and bars which Mr Holmes believes will become “the city’s living room”.

“It’s a sort of garden in the sky,” said Mr Holmes standing where the new park is taking shape.

“This is theatre – it will be shopping and eating out and we hope people will come here because they’re in Liverpool and meet up on the terrace and in the park sailing over a two-storey shopping street.

“This will be the living room of the city. If you’re in town your feet will bring you here without thinking about it,” he added.

Below the park is an immense 2,000-space underground car park which will use natural daylight streaming through a huge cone cut through all four levels to enhance lighting.

It may be difficult right now to imagine the building site that is soon to be Europe’s biggest retail development in its finished state.

But Mr Holmes points out pieces of the scarred landscape overshadowed by 18 cranes and teeming with 1,000 construction workers and conjures up exotic images of what is to come in less than a year.

Among the 35 separate buildings that make up Liverpool One will be a 14-screen Odeon cinema clad in stainless steel, copper and glass, above three-storeys of new shops, luxury apartments, restaurants and offices.

The Zig Zag Galleria was named by Scousers after the zig zag staircase leading up from Paradise Street to an array of restaurants fronting the terrace, all of which, bar one are now let.

“We tried to make a place like there isn’t anywhere else – this is Liverpool, edgy and quirky. There is nothing like this anywhere.”

He added: “From the terrace you will look down onto one of the busiest shopping streets in Europe – in South John Street – which will be about leisure, evenings, kids and tourists.”

But some familiar sites remain. The old Eagle pub on the corner of Paradise Street will be converted into small shops, businesses and apartments and the old Hanover and Stanley buildings will contain restaurants and offices.

neilhodgson@liverpoolecho.co.uk
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Here's a list of some of the shops that are to open in Liverpool 1.
    APPLE
    AMERICAN APPAREL
    BARCLAYS
    BARRATTS
    BODY SHOP
    CAFE ROUGE
    CARPHONE WAREHOUSE
    CLINTONS
    COSTA
    DEBENHAMS
    ERNEST JONES
    ESPRIT
    FAITH
    GAME
    GOLDSMITHS
    GOURMET BURGER KITCHEN
    H SAMUEL
    JANE NORMAN
    JD/NIKE
    JOHN LEWIS
    JONES
    KAREN MILLEN
    LAS IGUANAS
    NEW LOOK
    OASIS
    ORANGE
    O2
    PUMA
    REISS
    SCOTTS
    SONY
    SPORTS WORLD
    STARBUCKS
    SUPERDRUG
    TED BAKER
    THE PERFUME SHOP
    THREESTORE
    TOPSHOP/TOPMAN
    URBAN OUTFITTERS
    USC
    VIRGIN MEGASTORES
    WAGAMAMA
    WAREHOUSE
    YO SUSHI
    ZIZZI
    57 others are so far under offer.

Great aerial shots of Liverpool 1 thanks for posting.

I was in the Town Hall yesterday and they were showing a video with arunning commentary of what it was like just after the war when India Buildings, the White Star building were just burnt out shells and much of the city centre was laid waste. It was just heartbreaking.

The whole site of the Liverpool1 project was effectely a huge scar dealt on Liverpool by the Luftwaffe which was there for 65 years and I think its bloody marvellous that this has finally been made good.

Well done to all involved - I feel really proud to be a Scouser when I see how much is going on and transformation taking place.

Great stuff!

Hamleys eyes up move to Liverpool

IT IS perhaps the world’s most famous toy store, trading for 250 years from its iconic store on Regent Street.

And now Hamleys, the London fun emporium which rivals Harrods in terms of being a tourist pull for millions every year, could be about to open a 20,000 sq ft store in Liverpool.

The Baugur-owned company has confirmed it is looking at opening “standalone” stores away from the capital. Sources believe the company wants to open in Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh.

It is thought the expansion plans will follow the trial of 6,000 sq ft Hamley concessions in department store House of Fraser, which is also owned by Baugur.

The first concessions are due to open in House of Fraser stores in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester and Birmingham this September.

Hamleys is understood to have already looked at Grosvenor’s £1bn Liverpool One development and a site in Glasgow city centre as first options for the stores.

A Hamleys spokeswoman confirmed the retailer was interested in standalone stores, but would not talk locations.

She added: “Hamleys wants to review how its concessions are received before opening standalone stores.”

Hamleys also has airport stores in the UK, at Heathrow, Stansted and Manchester, the latter of which could go in Liverpool’s favour as the company looks to extend its reach and presence.

Another big attraction for the retailer when it looks at Grosvenor is that, because it is a brand new site, it is easier to customise space.

However, with 75% of space at Grosvenor now let or under contract, the firm may have to move fast to get the space.

Liverpool One is due to open next year after anchor tenants John Lewis and Debenhams have moved into their new stores.

Hi All

Longtime poster on SSC, but thought I'd start contributing here too.

Has anyone seen this picture before. It's the multi-storey car park on Hanover St.

I think it looks great and will be such an improvement on the beast that is there now.

http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com...&upload_id=852

Looks like Chavasse Park is now having trees planted.
    Four arrived on this wagon today >>>>>>

Dont know what kind of tree they are and niether did the bloke on the gate. ??

Phredd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captured 2007-8-13 00024 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	4086  
    In the days when we had nothing we had fun.
    If tomorrow starts without me, remember I was here.

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by buggedboy View Post
    Hi All

Longtime poster on SSC, but thought I'd start contributing here too.

Has anyone seen this picture before. It's the multi-storey car park on Hanover St.

I think it looks great and will be such an improvement on the beast that is there now.

http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com...&upload_id=852
    Designed by Austin Smith Lord.
    Now, there's a coincidence, because the previous building opened as Austin House!

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast