Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One [Paradise Street] Shopping Area [Under Construction]

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Great render! Nice to see actual building designs rather than just the massing blocks that have been shown for ages. Anyone know what the really large building is on Paradise street facing school lane? Looks like it is in the exact footpriint of one side of the old car park and bus station. Is this the Odeon, a shopping precinct or an individual shop?
    Looking foreward to see what they do with the design of the bridge from the carpark to the John Lewis building. Great oppurtunity for something interesting like they did in Manchester from Marksies to the Arndale..
    Yes.
    It'll have 14 screens and will occupy the upper 2 floors.
    Can't remember exactly what the rest of the building will contain.

Blog Entries

Grosvenor’s race against time to deliver its flagship Liverpool One shopping centre in time for mid-2008 has cost the company millions of pounds and sent the total cost to £1bn.

The developer has agreed to bankroll the deficit to the tune of £140m, £50m more than predicted by the company’s analysts just six months ago.

Grosvenor’s outgoing chairman, the Duke of Westminster, yesterday described the need to pour millions of pounds into the Paradise Street as “disappointing”.

But he said in the annual report that using the company’s own resources as a financial lifeline did not detract from his personal pride in the way Grosvenor had met the challenge of regenerating Liverpool. more
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Thumbs up Classy!

Here's a picture of how the Stanley Building will look when it's finished.

http://www.liverpool-one.com/NR/rdon...cebrochure.pdf

Looking good!

I had to explain to someone in work whats going on with the Stanley Building - he thought the scaffolding holding it all up was the frame for a new building, and the existing wall would be some sort of feature inside it

Imaginative at least

Here's how the new entrance linking Church Street into the Paradise Project will look,I can't wait to see this when it's finished.

^ Whenever I see a render of how buildings are going to look I often look for grannies and black people...sure enough, that render doesn't contain any. (no offence intended it's just something I notice nearly all the time).

PhilipG

Point taken, Marky.

For a render, it looks just like a great photograph!
    If the stonework doesn't get cleaned, the reality won't look anywhere near as good.

'Churchyard Arcade'?
    Why not 'Woollie's Walk'?
    Last edited by PhilipG; 05-04-2007 at 10:01 AM.

I used to use that as a short-cut when it was Woolies, to get to School Lane. There are probably better names connected with the church, rather than just boring Church Yard. There looks to be more windows than I remember...unless it's just I've never seen them all lit up at once.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    I used to use that as a short-cut when it was Woolies, to get to School Lane. There are probably better names connected with the church, rather than just boring Church Yard. There looks to be more windows than I remember...unless it's just I've never seen them all lit up at once.
    No, those windows are all there already, it's just that they're not lit up and some are covered with blinds (see attachment).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hmv.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	2749  

I wondered what exactly was going on in the old HMV building-it's going to look quite impressive when finished. Is there a basement to the HMV part of it,as the buildings each side have one and it seems odd that HMV never used it as far as I know.

Dave.

The 3 anchor stores for this development are John Lewis, Debenhams as we know and Rackhams (House of Fraser) which I've just learnt about.

Quote Originally Posted by skgogosfan View Post
    I wondered what exactly was going on in the old HMV building-it's going to look quite impressive when finished. Is there a basement to the HMV part of it,as the buildings each side have one and it seems odd that HMV never used it as far as I know.

Dave.
    It's possible that the Top Shop basement goes under HMV as well. It seems bigger than the ground floor.

Whats happening to those old church street buildings since HMV closed theirs to move to Bold Street?
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Whats happening to those old church street buildings since HMV closed theirs to move to Bold Street?
    They're building an arcade of upmarket shops that leads you into the new development behind.

Default I like this design.

The three storey building, which will contain a speciality department store and restaurant, is designed with a series of stepped terraces, that respect the setting of Bluecoat Chambers and the two Grade II listed warehouses on the site. An intimate garden courtyard and laneway between the warehouses and the new building create a pedestrian link through the block. A series of roof lanterns illuminate the second floor restaurant and provide high level detail to the Hanover Street facade. Production design of the project is now progressing and construction is underway.

http://www.haworthtompkins.com/

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast