Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One [Paradise Street] Shopping Area [Under Construction]

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if it was getting restored?
    It might prove instructive to go into BHS and see if they are still occupying the ground floor.
    Burtons and Dorothy Perkins are in that area of the ground floor of BHS whilst the Top Shop in Church St is being done. Top Shop are in Burtons old place. we only found out when hubby went to spend his Burtons vouchers.

the girl we spoke to said some changes may be made to BHS when they got the space back.

took a pic of the scaffolding couple of days ago on old camera but hadn't got round to uploading it. the roof frame's been up for a few days but the top sheeting wasn't.

been trying to find out on the net what's happening to the building but nowt seems to be mentioned. wonder if BHS are going to to expand further into it to compete with L1?
    Proud Scouser, with a dabbling of Welsh and Irish.

bore yourself silly at my Flickr page...anorak central!

By the looks of the people in the photos.. Looks nice and warm now there..

Underground Car Park

http://www.liverpool-one.com/website...ews_item2.html

Default Still to open

Peter's Lane area

This is one in the eye for all those misery gut who said that this would never work, that there wouldn't be enough shoppers to go round.

The fact is that some of the stores such as John Lewis are among the highest performers in the country, and other areas such as Church Street are benefiting with an increase in turn over.

Liverpool's miserable minority have had it their own way for too long.

Why do people still listen to them?

The Echo and Radio Merseyside are partly to blame in my oppinion as they feed off their miserable oppinions.

PhilipG

It's interesting to compare the old and new architecture, but all it really proves is how bland the new stuff is.

I do like it. That aerial impression gives a good idea of the scale of it. I think gone are the days of shops with little back alleys to get the deliveries to, it's just too inconvenient and hence the new type delivery systems in place. There still could have been a bit of better detailing at ground level perhaps.

As for Radio Merseyside, if you mean the phone-in, they can only air what the callers are calling in about and Roger phillips does big it up.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Espresso Bar View Post
    This is one in the eye for all those misery gut who said that this would never work, that there wouldn't be enough shoppers to go round.

The fact is that some of the stores such as John Lewis are among the highest performers in the country, and other areas such as Church Street are benefiting with an increase in turn over.

Liverpool's miserable minority have had it their own way for too long.

Why do people still listen to them?

The Echo and Radio Merseyside are partly to blame in my oppinion as they feed off their miserable oppinions.

It's good for business and shopping In but the architecture makes me want to buy gallons of petrol and matches to blow It up and rebuild It.

These days even the Wirral are keeping more of their architectural gems than Liverpool Is and that's messed up!

I'm prefering my train trips to places with my camera than taking It around the city centre lately.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

These days even the Wirral are keeping more of their architectural gems than Liverpool Is and that's messed up!
    The Wirral aren't building any,if they were I'd know about it.We've built or are building quite a few great buildings,unity,the arena,the museum of Liverpool,mann island,west tower,alexandra tower,one park west,the hilton even herberts,there'll be more to come too.

Shakeabout have been added,it seems like it's a place were you make your own milkshakes so it's one for the kids I suppose.

Thank you so much for posting all this detailed information and these pictures! I can't believe what the city centre looks like now - like one big construction site!

I had no idea that the "old" bus station was gone, too! It seems that on my next visit (if I ever get a chance to go back to Liverpool), the only things I'll recognize will be the Pier Head with its Three Graces, Albert Dock, St George's Hall, William Brown Street, Lime Street Station, the Adelphi Hotel and the Cathedrals - and Mathew Street with its Beatles pubs and clubs, maybe.

Besides, does anybody know exactly what has been done to the Bluecoat? I'd really like to know what it looks like now! I never thought this would be touched - I always thought that this was one of the major attractions and an object of pride to the city!

PhilipG

From the front it still looks the same, and the shops either side are still there.
    However, it came as a shock to me to find a lot of the interior has been rebuilt, apart from the new wing at the back, which I knew about.
    Even the garden at the back has been replaced with something that looks like a patio in a suburban house.

I've put new photos in the 'Bluecoat Chambers' thread.

Last edited by PhilipG; 08-31-2008 at 11:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Once that upper level is open, that patio area will be alive with people enjoying the restaurants and bars [or what ever is up there], whilst gazing out over Chavasse Park onto the Albert Dock.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Blog Entries

I think we've got our wires crossed here Phil
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

PhilipG

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I think we've got our wires crossed here Phil
    I've just reworded that post, and these last messages can go.

Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast