Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool One [Paradise Street] Shopping Area [Under Construction]

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Excellent pics cheers
    Thanks Kev, in the middle of a rather slow upload. It's ages since I uploaded pictures, and I see imageshack is a slow and annoying as ever!

I had my first trip to Chavasse Park last week, and it was stunning - I'd hoped it would be good, but it was better than I had imagined.

I like this pavillion thing - anyone know who it has been let to?

Last edited by Liverpolitan; 11-09-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Fantastic pics Liverpolitan, some of the best images i've seen of the new L1.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Love the pic of John Lewis. Nice to see the place from unseen angles

Impressed with the lights in the park - it would be good to see lights in the trees in other parts of the city.

Thanks John and Ged - I haven't taken my camera out for ages, but I might get back into it again. I think L1 is going to be packed out from Spring through to Autumn, and buzzing into the night in the summer. The panorama of the floodlit Albert Dock group at dusk, framed by the Hilton and Park West, is just stunning. The only other cities in Britain I can think of that offer that quality of urban scene are London (for example the view from Greenwich Park to Canary Wharf) and there are also some great views to be had in Edinburgh.

The only small thing I would change, if I could, would be the lighting, which I think is a tad OTT and disneyseque. I wonder if it could be toned down just a bit? For example, the lighting on the trees in the park is just a bit too bright, I think city trees look nicer with more subtle blue lights on them, as is now done in places like St Johns gardens.
    Last edited by Liverpolitan; 11-10-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

Ahhhhhhhhhh! Good pictures, Poli. Time I got exploring the city again.

Monday 15th December 2008.

Currently Ignoring:
    The Door Bell
    The voices in my head

Blog Entries

Cheers AD
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Decided to go in to Liverpool 1 for the 2nd time - the 1st time I had cut through from Plod HQ up to Debenhams and I was seriously unimpressed. Large area's of 'nothing' with pools of water (waiting for an accident to happen) and a very dark shopping place.

This time, I saunted from work, through the crown courts entrance at the rear of Debenhams. It is certainly an impressive feat of engineering, as you look down from the 'top floor' - and I was very impressed at the space, but at what cost? The 'upper' floor of the shops is just a massive 'nothing' but open space - and not grassed either, just compacted shale flooring.

It looks very nice, but it is as empty as anything - it's not the sort of place that you would just set up a picnic, looks too posh, but doesn't seem to serve any purpose at all really. Is anything going to be done with this area or is that it? Just a massive expanse of expensive flooring to walk to get somewhere else?

Cracking shots too ADW.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    Decided to go in to Liverpool 1 for the 2nd time - the 1st time I had cut through from Plod HQ up to Debenhams and I was seriously unimpressed. Large area's of 'nothing' with pools of water (waiting for an accident to happen) and a very dark shopping place.

This time, I saunted from work, through the crown courts entrance at the rear of Debenhams. It is certainly an impressive feat of engineering, as you look down from the 'top floor' - and I was very impressed at the space, but at what cost? The 'upper' floor of the shops is just a massive 'nothing' but open space - and not grassed either, just compacted shale flooring.

It looks very nice, but it is as empty as anything - it's not the sort of place that you would just set up a picnic, looks too posh, but doesn't seem to serve any purpose at all really. Is anything going to be done with this area or is that it? Just a massive expanse of expensive flooring to walk to get somewhere else?
    L1 Is a victim of evil capatilism!
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Thumbs down

Stop moaning.
    What do you expect, herds of wildebeast sweeping majestically across the plain?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Stop moaning.
    Yes, I expect plains of wildbeasts and rapeseed fields.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Stop moaning.
    Totally agree! Look what was there before, some balding grass, and wow!, Steers house!!!! Appreciate that Liverpool is finally starting to get somewhere, even if it's not everyones cup of tea.

Liverpool would of got somewhere ages ago If I had my centre left/liberial ways.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast