Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

you'd daren't take the chance disrespecting (a stupid Southern word, sorry) an older bloke, because there was always the chance you wouldn't be alive the next day.
    Bit over the top just for disrespecting an older person?

Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Same when we were kids Dave, however that was around the time that kids started to question their 'rights' for the first time.

If my mum and dad didn't find out about something then they'd be told by someone else, and you would still get a good crack, or 'the slipper' in my case.
    You were slipper slapped!

I've never been hit by my parents for doing something wrong, they never seemed to have that mentality despite my mum growing up In a dodgey home getting battered by the adults even when they did nothing wrong.

Most of the workers were just bitter people she told me.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    I don't think the kids in Nogzy/Crocky are any worse than a few generations ago. It's just that they are allowed to get away with more than we did. When I was a teen in Canny, you'd daren't take the chance disrespecting (a stupid Southern word, sorry) an older bloke, because there was always the chance you wouldn't be alive the next day. This was in the 70s.
    Exactly! Not enough deterrant and not enough discipline from parents!

Blog Entries

WITH their modern interiors and fancy furnishings, you could be looking at pictures of trendy city centre penthouses.

But these are just some of the new properties which are soon to become home to hundreds of families on the site of the former Boot estate in Norris Green.

Of the 45 properties released for sale in the first phase of the development, 40 have already been snapped up off-plan. continues...
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

There is a big feature in today's Echo on Norris Green. There is alot going on there to tackle yobs and educate the younger generation. There are also iniciatives to make parents more responsible for their children. For more info see today's Echo.

Take there benefits off them they'd soon get them under control,a lot of parents (not all) are never out of the boozer.

The State have just enacted a new law here. People claiming unemployment benefits must first pass a drug screening, then have regular checks.
    The state say a large percentage of the unemployed are unable to work because of drug use.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

Partner sought for new plan

A DEVELOPMENT partner who will bring regeneration to Liverpool’s Landford Avenue with plans for new shops and housing is being sought.

A report to the city council’s executive board on March 30 recommends that the council enter into an agreement with Cobalt Housing to jointly tender for a partner.

This is another reaon why NG seems to be never out of the Echo,when something happens in Croxteth,Fazakerley,Clubmoor etc even Aintree when dangerous dogs were seized it's reported as being in NG,when the press get there teeth into something they wont let go,this is on the NG page today and it's in Sparrow Hall Fazakerley Liverpool 9,NG is L11.It'll probably show a picture of run down shops in the Echo tonight saying it's in NG.

Quote Originally Posted by shytalk View Post
    The State have just enacted a new law here. People claiming unemployment benefits must first pass a drug screening, then have regular checks.
    The state say a large percentage of the unemployed are unable to work because of drug use.
    Most people I've seen on Buses here smoke weed before they go to work.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Blog Entries

FOUR speculative industrial buildings are proposed in the first phase of Stonebridge Park, a new 46-acre business park fronting the East Lancs Road in Croxteth. more
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Most people I've seen on Buses here smoke weed before they go to work.
    If they're going to work, fine, but we (being the taxpayers) shouldn't have to subsidise the habits of those who don't work.

If they're going to work fine?

Yes, as long as they're not operating machinery where it could also compromise others. Drugged drivers have found to be as much a nuisence as drunk drivers - not to mention the mood swings etc... just talk to Frank.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    If they're going to work, fine, but we (being the taxpayers) shouldn't have to subsidise the habits of those who don't work.
    You think it's fine to work after smoking weed? I don't want to put words in your mouth. Is there a limit to the amount of weed and how long (if not at all) before work do you think it's acceptable?

As much as you like. As long as you extinguish the joint before entering your premises of work, not a problem.

Seriously though, I hadn't really thought about what I was saying there. I couldn't give a **** if people smoke that stuff, as long as it doesn't have any negative effect on other people. My main point was that they shouldn't be spending there job-avoidance allowancy on it.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    I couldn't give a **** if people smoke that stuff, as long as it doesn't have any negative effect on other people. My main point was that they shouldn't be spending there job-avoidance allowancy on it.
    With you there

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast