Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    GUN battles between rival teenage gangs left a trail of destruction through a Liverpool suburb.
    In the ghettoooooo!

Thats what It should say after Suburb.

My brother took one of his driving tests In Norris Green, he learned not to do It there again and passed In Garston.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

Was Croxteth on your list?

My mate is a bizzie round there. They are real guns. He just wishes they would all wipe each other out as they're all little scumbags.
    "Good work Raymondo, I'm bumping you back up to DS, only this time make sure it stands for Detective Seargent and not Dog Sh*t..."

Vulcan to the Sky
    Sunbeam Tiger Owners Club

Blog Entries

It must be hard for the decent kids around there to make any positive impact there. Decent ways of living havn't exactly been promoted have they?
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    Was Croxteth on your list?
    Think Norris Green was.
    Gididi Gididi Goo.

It isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be in norris green and croxteth. I also took my driving lessons in that area with no problems what so ever and my nan lives in croxteth and has had no problems living there. I'm not denying that there are problems, there are and they are being tackled by the council and police. There is alot of regeneration happening in these areas and they are gradually getting better.
    It's mainly the media that make people think your life is at risk just by walking through it. To be honest, the public are partly responsible for all the hype as too many people believe everything they read in the papers and never consider the other side of the story, and alot of people who have oppinions on these areas have never even been there or have been there once.

Everything gets exaggerated, I live in Northern Ireland and a lot of people still think that there's people getting shot etc. just because of the past, we've built a reputation. I think these kids want a reputation like that and so it all gets blown up, not saying there isn't a problem though. I've been in Norris Green about 10 times and haven't had any problems, although I did hear about people driving by and shooting at houses. Does Liverpool not have a midnight soccer thing? It's started over here, to help get teenagers off the street.

snoochie boochie

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    I don't agree with this fashion for laying flowers - for anyone. Even car crash scenes or sites where fatal accidents took place.
    I don't know how this trend started.
    The first time I ever saw flowers on a roadside was approx 10 or 12 years ago - maybe a bit longer. It was for that poor foreign student that was murdered on Scotland rd. Can't recall when it was.
    I remember seeing the flowers and thinking that it was unusual as it wasn't normally done.
    I never saw this happen years ago.
    Gradually the trend grew and flowers began to appear in other places.
    First it was for road death victims. Then the 'no-marks' cottoned on and started up these shrines for their Scally mates.

Of course, I feel every sorrow for the families of accident fatalities or murder victims - ( we have experience of it in my family) - But I can't see the attraction or reasoning to have public laying of flowers and personal obituaries.
    A death in a family is a private thing and not for all and sundry to gawp over. I believe in dignity and privacy.

How many hundreds of trees, fences, etc have wilted flowers hanging off them ! Or some shrines are added to on a regular basis until they become some kind of macabre eye-sore.

- and where will it all end ? are people going to start laying flowers just about anywhere someone died ?? It's ridiculous.
    There shrine isn't even at the scene of the murder.

The first time I saw roadside shrines is when I came here in the early 80's. They were usually on the sites of fatal car crashes. Probably the idea was taken to the UK by tourists who had seen them. They always seemed a daft idea to me.
    You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.
    Winston Churchill

All of the derelict houses in Gilmoss are finally to be demolished soon,the council have finally found the money to relocate the remaining people,no date has been set for the demolition,great news though.

The whole area bordering the East Lancs,Lower Lane,Stonebridge Lane is being developed but I'm not sure what it's going to be.Then there's a massive business park being built just over the road in Gilmoss and the Boot estate is well underway so it's not all bad news for this area.

Blog Entries

How do u now engage the local lads into looking for work? Tough job that.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    The whole area bordering the East Lancs,Lower Lane,Stonebridge Lane is being developed but I'm not sure what it's going to be.Then there's a massive business park being built just over the road in Gilmoss and the Boot estate is well underway so it's not all bad news for this area.
    Yes and guess were the 10 million for the Boot estate came from >, it was
    origionaly intended for the area around Sandyville, Garsfield, all bye the bye
    now anyway as the vote to hand over the 21,000 council homes to LMU will
    be unanimous...

scouserdave

I don't think the kids in Nogzy/Crocky are any worse than a few generations ago. It's just that they are allowed to get away with more than we did. When I was a teen in Canny, you'd daren't take the chance disrespecting (a stupid Southern word, sorry) an older bloke, because there was always the chance you wouldn't be alive the next day. This was in the 70s.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scouserdave View Post
    I don't think the kids in Nogzy/Crocky are any worse than a few generations ago. It's just that they are allowed to get away with more than we did. When I was a teen in Canny, you'd daren't take the chance disrespecting (a stupid Southern word, sorry) an older bloke, because there was always the chance you wouldn't be alive the next day. This was in the 70s.
    Same when we were kids Dave, however that was around the time that kids started to question their 'rights' for the first time.

If my mum and dad didn't find out about something then they'd be told by someone else, and you would still get a good crack, or 'the slipper' in my case.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast