Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

ps,

It's very depressing that we have to write such things about our areas.

These threads should really be for posting good news, photos and perhaps a little history about the districts. Any ex-pats looking in to catch up with their old stomping ground will be disappointed.

'fraid that unfortunately there are certain areas which are beyond repair. ( my own area deteriorating by the day.

Someone mentioned that they're like/or think they are Al Capone and his gang. Well even they had a shelf life - the good guys ethos also has to be - 'hurt one of us and you hurt us all and there's more of us' - stand up and be counted for Christ's sake.

scouserdave

Quote Originally Posted by lindylou View Post
    ps,

It's very depressing that we have to write such things about our areas.

These threads should really be for posting good news, photos and perhaps a little history about the districts. Any ex-pats looking in to catch up with their old stomping ground will be disappointed.

'fraid that unfortunately there are certain areas which are beyond repair. ( my own area deteriorating by the day.
    Here's a few. I've got some recents pics of Heathwaite Crescent on the Boot Estate. I'll post them later. That's where my Dad lived until he married my Mum. It's right dump nowadays.

Thanks SD for posting those pics.

That's what these district threads should be about.

Years ago, my uncle used to live around norris green, Me and my mates used to get underneath the Broadway Bridge where there is a nice little 'sit-off', However it has been fenced off.

Blog Entries

GUN battles between rival teenage gangs left a trail of destruction through a Liverpool suburb. more
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

PhilipG

Default Gun Battles.

This was reported in North West Today this morning.
    Are these pellet-guns or real bullets?
    There was a pellet-gun shooting the other day where somebody was injured in the leg.
    Obviously, either type of gun is unacceptable, but we should be told which they are, because there is a difference.

Later.
    It wasn't even mentioned on the Lunch-time edition of North West Today.
    Last edited by PhilipG; 03-12-2007 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Update.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipG View Post
    This was reported in North West Today this morning.
    Are these pellet-guns or real bullets?
    There was a pellet-gun shooting the other day where somebody was injured in the leg.
    Obviously, either type of gun is unacceptable, but we should be told which they are, because there is a difference.

Later.
    It wasn't even mentioned on the Lunch-time edition of North West Today.
    Greg O'Keefe's report in tonights Echo seems to be talking about real guns.

Exclamation

I hate all this over-reaction when talking about 'shootings'. I read in a recent report someone say 'our gun ridden streets'. This is soooo not true. Yes there are some real guns out there, but compared to other cities and countries there is very little gun crime here. This doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously, it should just be reported correctly. The vast majority of guns in this country (75%) are imitation firearms and most real guns are improvised guns from decades ago.
    Places like the U.S. and S Africa have astronomical gun crime with shootings in cities taking place numerous times a day, with real guns! This is due to the fact that they have gun shops and the police are armed. There is no going back for these places, they are too far gone.
    There is a completely different attitude to guns here. They are seen as completely unacceptable things by the vast majority of people, whereas in the U.S. children as young as 5 are tought how to use guns 'responsibly'!!!!!! This is telling them that guns are ok and is still teaching them how to use them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    I hate all this over-reaction when talking about 'shootings'. I read in a recent report someone say 'our gun ridden streets'. This is soooo not true. Yes there are some real guns out there, but compared to other cities and countries there is very little gun crime here. This doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken seriously, it should just be reported correctly. The vast majority of guns in this country (75%) are imitation firearms and most real guns are improvised guns from decades ago.
    Places like the U.S. and S Africa have astronomical gun crime with shootings in cities taking place numerous times a day, with real guns! This is due to the fact that they have gun shops and the police are armed. There is no going back for these places, they are too far gone.
    There is a completely different attitude to guns here. They are seen as completely unacceptable things by the vast majority of people, whereas in the U.S. children as young as 5 are tought how to use guns 'responsibly'!!!!!! This is telling them that guns are ok and is still teaching them how to use them.
    Guaranteed 90% of the lads in these areas will have a least a BB Gun.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

You can't really compare the USA to the UK as far as gun crime goes.
    Look at say New York, about 5 million people, Liverpool 500,000. Won't get into the gun/anti gun, be it real,fake or airgun, again, but remember guns
    don't kill people, it is the person with the gun who does..

Angry

Probably. To them, it's just a big game and is seen as cool. They should all be taken to the ghettos of America and S Africa to see that there, it isn't a game, it's a way of life. They wouldn't last 2 minutes. To be honest, they make me laugh. They're a bunch of uneducated, poorly disciplined yobs. I hold the parents responsible. The vast majority of these wannabe gangsters come from poor backgrounds with parents who just don't give a s##t, who are a disgraceful example to their kids and should never have been allowed to give birth.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    You can't really compare the USA to the UK as far as gun crime goes.
    Look at say New York, about 5 million people, Liverpool 500,000. Won't get into the gun/anti gun, be it real,fake or airgun, again, but remember guns
    don't kill people, it is the person with the gun who does..
    If you compare NY to London, which has a population of 7m, NY has far more gun crime. We do actually live in a safe country, compared to others around the world. It's just the propaganda and paranoia spread by the media that makes people think we live in a dangerous country.

If you compare NY to London, which has a population of 7m, NY has far more gun crime. We do actually live in a safe country, compared to others around the world. It's just the propaganda and paranoia spread by the media that makes people think we live in a dangerous country.
    This is true, but we ain't talking about London :-)
    I agree the media tend to spice up stories, lets face it it sells papers.
    Years ago I was working up a ladder fixing a cctv camera at White Arrow
    in Litherland, felt a sharp pain in my leg and something warm running down
    when I got down I had been shot with a 22 air rifle. The bobbies got the culprits, but being under age could do nowt apart from confiscating the rifle.
    This is what happens today, kids with BB guns, some of which look very much
    like real weapons, point one at an armed bobby, and see what happens.

Probably. To them, it's just a big game and is seen as cool. They should all be taken to the ghettos of America and S Africa to see that there, it isn't a game, it's a way of life. They wouldn't last 2 minutes. To be honest, they make me laugh. They're a bunch of uneducated, poorly disciplined yobs. I hold the parents responsible. The vast majority of these wannabe gangsters come from poor backgrounds with parents who just don't give a s##t, who are a disgraceful example to their kids and should never have been allowed to give birth.
    That's what I've often said. I'd just love to airlift some of the local scallies and drop them into the worst gangsta' ghetto where, as you say, it is a way of life and serious stuff.
    Or I'd drop them into the middle of a war zone where there's plenty of gunfire - those scallies wouldn't be worth a carrot.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast