Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

I'll reiterate my point another way. A group of workers may be p!ssed off at only getting a 2% below inflation pay rise (i.e. a pay cut) but they are going to be even more p!ssed off if at the same time their chief executive gets a 25% pay rise. The same principle exists. Do you think it helps the people of inner city Liverpool to see the development of luxury apartments and designer stores in the city centre that they can't afford to live or shop in whilst their communities stagnate and their incomes fall?

Lightbulb

There is alot of time and money being spent in norris green and croxteth with new community centres, training centres and housing being built, but it is a slow and long process that will take quite a few more years to sort out.
    All this talk about kids having nothing to do is a load of b#ll. There is plenty to do, but these yobs don't even try to do anything. They like causing damage and beating people up, they just use the 'nothing to do' excuse to try and justify it. Yes, when I was a kid I also got bored at times, but I didn't go around vandalising property and messing with guns, why?, because I was brought up properly by parents who cared about me and tought me what is right and wrong.
    You can educate kids in school as much as you want, but if they have parents that basically don't give a sh#t, they are more than likely going to become just like their parents, no job, 10 kids and a foul attitude.

The only way to stop this cycle of what is basically child neglect is to use social services alot more. If a parent has a young child (say between 6-16) and they let them do what they want and don't care where they are or what they are doing, social services should become involved because they are neglecting to care for their child. Benefits could then be cut or even stopped altogether. This would have a huge effect in cutting yobish behaviour and stopping the cycle of deprivation.

It's simple,stop their parents benefits if they cause any trouble and they'd soon clamp down on them,problem solved.

If kids these days talk of nothing to do with all these free (if on the dole) sports centres and 25m pools, then i'd love to take them back in time to say 1975 when you had to make your own simple pleasures. Real life interactive games, not sat in front of a p.c. - it's all a load of twaddle.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Whats really amazed me is that The Lobster pub is finally being investigated (Echo Online: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-19726512/)

As I've stated earlier in this thread, I moved in to Crocky area over 2 years ago - I've never had the bottle to go into this pub. I've asked a few people about it, and been basically warned never to go in there.

I don't understand how it takes so long for the police/authorities to take action on these places, when the general public seem to be completely wise to it...?

John(Zappa)

[QUOTE=Jock;76760]Whats really amazed me is that The Lobster pub is finally being investigated (Echo Online: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-19726512/)

As I've stated earlier in this thread, I moved in to Crocky area over 2 years ago - I've never had the bottle to go into this pub. I've asked a few people about it, and been basically warned never to go in there.

Well I don't drink but I have a sense of adventure.People used to say the same thing over The Crown pub.It was alright in there most times.
    Pubs have always had a reputation,some alot more than others but I suppose its a "word of mouth" thing by people who don't drink in there.
    Remember "The State" ? That had a bad rep but I had no trouble there.
    I suppose it all depends on the area and the kids, policing and the managers.
    You should never ever fear going in anywhere in Liverpool (unless you're walking round with a Man utd kit on).You live here!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John(Zappa) View Post
    You should never ever fear going in anywhere in Liverpool (unless you're walking round with a Man utd kit on).You live here!!!
    This happened to me John, when I was involved in filming The 51st State with Samuel L Jackson (name drop).

In The Yew Tree Pub, check this thread.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    This happened to me John, when I was involved in filming The 51st State with Samuel L Jackson (name drop).

In The Yew Tree Pub, check this thread.
    Hahahaha.You poor sod.
    My bro was in that film as a knuckle head.He woulda helped you out if you got a bit of hassle with a few REAL scousers

Blog Entries

It was a weird day. Getting off a coach only to be greeted by local kidders shouting all kinds of stuff at us. Every lad that got off the coach shouted back at them in scouse same as them (in their united shirts ), very surreal.

"We are scousers, honest", was the common shout back.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

The thug who ordered the murder of Liam Smith from his prison cell has been given a minimum of 28 years in jail, whilst a 16 year old involved in it has been given a minimum of 18 years. This is a statement and a half from the judicial system that they are going to fight back, the Yorkshir Ripper killed 13 women and only got 2 years more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7015721.stm

Excellent news, it's about time they got tough but I think a high profile advertisement campaign is needed to send shock waves down the spines of these thugs (if they've got a spine that is)

For instance, murderers on the loose like Rhys killer should be left in no doubt that not only is the net closing in but the longer it takes and the more money it costs, the sentence will be twice as touch with no early release. They'll play the chance game up to now, knowing that sentences have previously been too soft.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    The thug who ordered the murder of Liam Smith from his prison cell has been given a minimum of 28 years in jail, whilst a 16 year old involved in it has been given a minimum of 18 years. This is a statement and a half from the judicial system that they are going to fight back, the Yorkshir Ripper killed 13 women and only got 2 years more.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/7015721.stm
    Brilliant News!!!! Hope the **** rots in his cell.

Blog Entries

Arn't the residents up in arms about recent media portrayal of the area? Camera crews have decended on the area and have portrayed it as a gangsters/ hoodie paradise.
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    Arn't the residents up in arms about recent media portrayal of the area? Camera crews have decended on the area and have portrayed it as a gangsters/ hoodie paradise.
    Yes there was a report on one of the news programmes earlier in the week and they showed archive shots of the boarded up properties on the Boot Estate, without saying that there is large scale rebuilding going on there at present.

Certainly all the national newspaper reports I've read have portrayed the local area in very bad light.

It is a shame that only one side (the minority) has been reported in the past couple of weeks, but thats to be expected with the media I suppose.

Having said that, its not exactly difficult for the media to uncover in order to report - its in your face when you go through Croxteth. Wasn't the BBC Reporter's car pelted with stones by the youths in Croxteth when he first starting reporting?

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast