Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    As much as you like. As long as you extinguish the joint before entering your premises of work, not a problem.

Seriously though, I hadn't really thought about what I was saying there. I couldn't give a **** if people smoke that stuff, as long as it doesn't have any negative effect on other people. My main point was that they shouldn't be spending there job-avoidance allowancy on it.
    The fact is, it does have a negative effect on other people. People who take it can become violent towards other people, and if they are driving a car, we all know the dangers that come with that. If drugs only effected the people who took them, then I wouldn't care about drugs and would be ok with people taking them, but the fact is drugs to effect other people and communities, and create alot of crime.

Blog Entries

RESIDENTS living in the shadow of a new sporting development claim it is making their lives a misery.

Work is almost complete on the £1m Scargreen sports ground in Ravensthorpe Green, Norris Green.

But local families say the construction and design of the complex are causing them problems. continues....
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    RESIDENTS living in the shadow of a new sporting development claim it is making their lives a misery.

Work is almost complete on the £1m Scargreen sports ground in Ravensthorpe Green, Norris Green.

But local families say the construction and design of the complex are causing them problems. continues....
    Things like that infuriate me sometimes. Money is being invested into improving local facilities are being improved and people whinge about a few lorries going down the street and some splats of mud.

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Things like that infuriate me sometimes. Money is being invested into improving local facilities are being improved and people whinge about a few lorries going down the street and some splats of mud.
    with respect, I see your point, but should the money not be used to
    improve housing before some sports facility ?. How many houses are deemed
    substandard because they lack decent windows and central heating.
    Doubt it matters much now as the transfer vote to transfer the councils
    13,000 homes to LMH was a 78% yes

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    with respect, I see your point, but should the money not be used to
    improve housing before some sports facility ?. How many houses are deemed
    substandard because they lack decent windows and central heating.
    Doubt it matters much now as the transfer vote to transfer the councils
    13,000 homes to LMH was a 78% yes
    Surprised it was as low as 78%!! I suppose the money all comes from different pots and the money was there for a sports facility but couldnt be used for bringing homes up to a decent standard.

Quote Originally Posted by SteH View Post
    Surprised it was as low as 78%!! I suppose the money all comes from different pots and the money was there for a sports facility but couldnt be used for bringing homes up to a decent standard.
    Yes I was also surprised at 78%, but of course loads didn't bother to send
    off their votes, just like those who don't vote in local elections.
    Yes you are probably right about the funding, but I beleive that £20 million
    was available to upgrade the area around townsend, sandyville, garsfield
    etc, but the money was diverted to the boot estate
    This is an empty house in Garsfield Rd, The graffiti has since been temoved
    and the council said in the Echo about 3 weeks ago that a tenant would be
    in within a week, still the same, boarded up. This is one of my pic,s which the Echo used with my permission.

Last edited by steveb; 04-10-2007 at 08:34 PM. Reason: spelling

Thumbs up

I have been driving through NG and Croxteth quite alot over the past couple of weeks and have been pleasantly surprised to see the council doing alot of landscaping along central reservations and 'dead' plots of land. This has mainly included the planting of trees and shrubs, and the installation of attractive low level fencing. I know it's not the most important issue in the world, but it's great to see the council finally taking a bit of innitiative when it comes to the general look and tidyness of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by AK1 View Post
    I have been driving through NG and Croxteth quite alot over the past couple of weeks and have been pleasantly surprised to see the council doing alot of landscaping along central reservations and 'dead' plots of land. This has mainly included the planting of trees and shrubs, and the installation of attractive low level fencing. I know it's not the most important issue in the world, but it's great to see the council finally taking a bit of innitiative when it comes to the general look and tidyness of the city.
    I bet all this is on main roads were it can be seen.How long do you think it will last...

If things got destroyed once, then they'll get destroyed again...

Quote Originally Posted by snappel View Post
    If things got destroyed once, then they'll get destroyed again...
    This is true, what gets me is the fact that city center and anywere
    that is seen, ie main roads like east lanc,s, queens drive etc are done
    up, but, the out of sight residential areas are forgotten

The landscaping is along main roads and side roads, and alot of the trees are protected by railings which is a very good idea in areas of high anti social behaviour. Some side roads in old swan and west derby have also been done. To say that Queens Drive is done up is wrong. Parts of it are in a very bad state, although I have been in touch with the council about this who have told me that there are plans to spruce up queens drive.
    I think that the council don't bother doing some side roads because they know that yobs will just wreck it, but if they do main roads, it is less likely to be damaged etc. This happened in my area a couple of years ago. The council planted about 30 trees down a side road, but within 4 weeks they had all been snapped or uprooted by local yobs.

Since when has Norris Green been L9,well there was a murder there and again the press are reporting it as NG.

Default Norris Green

Interesting historical web site

http://www.sw-norrisgreen.co.uk/

Libertarian

Interesting article in yesterdays Echo about the Crown pub on the East Lancs.

Since being burnt down it is a major eyesore on an important route into the city and incredibly the council has knocked back a plan to tear it down and allow flats to be built there. I can't understand that at all.

Default took some photos today near bosco city and the east lancs...

surreally, as always there's still people living in the odd house here and there.

Soon to be forgotten:

Does anyone have any info/stories about these flats/houses?

John

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast