Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Norris Green Croxteth Districts

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post
    Better still though, just get rid of the paperwork in the first place, aren't computers and databases supposed to have quickened things up?
    Having listened recently to a phone in on 5Live about the amount of paperwork currently required for any arrests, its really quite shocking how much there is.

One of the complaints being raised time and again by the officers phoning in was the repetition of data on various computer systems. I can clearly remember one saying that you needed to fill out similar information across 6 systems.

Working in IT as a programmer I found it quite shocking. This would be relatively simple project to implement to share data between the systems and therefore reduce the amount of data entry for officers.

The reason given why PCSOs don't do the paperwork was because half the time they'd then have to contact the original officer and get further details to then fill-out. The rational was that it was just as quick for the original officer to fill out all the details. However, it could be improved by the PCSO doing all the repetive information surely...?!?

Needless to say the phone in left me flabber gasted.

My next door neighbour works behind a desk in the Police force described a very repetitive job that takes up a lot of man hours each month. It could easily be solved by a very quick computer program, and thus freeing up time for people to get on with other things... Not necessarily getting more officers out on the beat, but certainly making things more productive...
    Last edited by Jock; 10-22-2007 at 02:40 PM.

Blog Entries

A NOTORIOUS Croxteth eyesore former pub is to be demolished in a bid to help regenerate and improve the neighbourhood. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Went past this on sat, yes what an eyesore - also went past the Western Approaches - there's a pic just been put on my pubs page - guess what was outside. Two police cars, police with kids up against the cars being searched - all black 'uniforms' - the kids that is not the police. Why hang around outside a pub, please don't tell me all their parents were inside?

A little further up, getting a pic of the Fir Tree - again, the police in abundance with cars in the car park due to the Rhys murder.

I do hope the authorities can do something with the area but also hope the police don't disenfranchise themselves from the public by doing anything as silly as JohnZappa said earlier.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

John(Zappa)

Quote Originally Posted by Ged View Post

I do hope the authorities can do something with the area but also hope the police don't disenfranchise themselves from the public by doing anything as silly as JohnZappa said earlier.
    I do know most of the kids now have a street caution.Your not cool now if you don't have one.Its a capital of gun culture thing they say???

"When I was young, 'PC' meant 'Police Constable'. Nowadays I can't seem to tell the Difference"

(Manic Street Preachers).

How true that statement is.

Why is our Police force still subject to human rights and these petty little laws that prevent anyone from doing, saying or touching anyone, for fear of prosecution? How do you police laws, if laws make themselves unpoliceable?

And when will the Government realise that a fine for a serious offence is NOT a deterrent?

Roving Arriva Bus User! wallasey's Avatar

I was talking with a lad from West Derby today, he was telling me that Broadway is regarded as separate to Norris Green...Parnethon Drive being one of the cut-offs.

Now, I must admit to have been somewhat surprised to find this, I always regarded this area as being Norris Green as a whole, with Broadway being the main shopping street for the various estates.

Can anyone say that this is the case??? I am not saying that I disagree with the statement, but I am a little baffled at this remark!
    Liverpool Suburbia@Flickr

UPDATED 14JUN09 20 images added to Dovecot
    Last updated 26ARP09 (Aigburth)
    Apologies for the durge in updates!

Broadway and Norris Green have always been intertwined in my mind, perhaps I was wrong.
    www.inacityliving.piczo.com/

Updated weekly with old and new pics.

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Well Broadway is part of Norris Green. As is the Strand. The Strand are fighting with Broadway and Landford/Sparrowhall.
    Partheneon drive is just a walk through. Nothing to worry about around there.
    When I was younger The Strand,Broadway and Landford all sort of stuck together.
    The divide seems to be The crown pub and The strand. The Broadway firm seem to be stuck in the middle

Regarding the very first post on this thread.....
    My nephew took that picture of Phil Wooley with the shotgun wounds. It happened out of the blue. They were all just standing on a corner when the gunman came around the corner in a car.

See that's what I thought...Broadway is a part of Norris Green! But from what the post above suggests, Norris Green seems to have become segregated into these "territories" for wanton of a better expression. I dread to think what Brodie and Keay would make of it all now.

I don't come from this area, but I know it of sorts...I am thinking the "Strand" is the Row of Shops by Scargreen/Utting Ave???

Keeping It Real !!!!!!!!! ItsaZappathing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallasey View Post
    See that's what I thought...Broadway is a part of Norris Green! But from what the post above suggests, Norris Green seems to have become segregated into these "territories" for wanton of a better expression. I dread to think what Brodie and Keay would make of it all now.

I don't come from this area, but I know it of sorts...I am thinking the "Strand" is the Row of Shops by Scargreen/Utting Ave???
    Yeah that's the one. These territories never existed when I was younger. I used to hang around places like The Crown,The strand,Broadway and crocky.
    It was always a school thing - "Our school is harder than yours" when I was a teen. Out of uniform the school enemies where forgotten about.Some you'd even be friends with .

I never knew all this about Norris Green! We don't really have anything like this in Birkenhead, just a few dodgy estates.

Thanks for the info! I'll remember this the next time I am on the 14!

Partsky

Default Soldier or "Solja" (yuk!!) "My ****" as Jim Royle says

I know its a relatively old thread but I have been off the site due to ill health and all this stuff makes my blood boil. Lindylou, how I agree with you, (mostly.} I used to work on housing for these estates and the decent people, as always, massively outweigh the scallies; every time. Unfortunately, if you live next door or in the same road as these cowards then its very difficult to stick your neck out. I know, because I was one of the so called "officials" trying to get people to do just that. It takes an extraordinary amount of courage to go to court against this shower as they dont use words but they use bricks, threats, knives and guns. Amazingly, brave people continue to give witness testimonies. Its too easy for the parents of the Scalls to look the other way. I have said it before but they know what funds the expensive clothes, bikes and trainers but they look away or blame everyone else (The schools, their backgrounds, the social workers, the police). There is occasionally a grain of truth in that but more often than not, its social and parental cowardice. The inability or unwillingness to parent with boundaries. And as for the Scally Shrines.......... How many more places will have "shrines" (a desecration of a sacred word) to those who often rob cars and total themselves or are caught up in gang warfare. On Formby bypass a couple of years ago gangs of young lads were sat around one of these "shrines" in garden chairs, drinking ale. For days! If my kids stole a car and drove at dangerous speed, killing themselves, I would grieve, of course I would, but quietly. Is this a nationwide trend? Does anyone know?

Blog Entries

THE ?200m regeneration of Liverpool?s Boot Estate will not be hit by the credit crunch, developers pledged today. Read
    Become A Supporter 👇

Donate Via PayPal

Donate

Default One of the lads.

partsky: I think false sentiment is a very strong trend and is reinforced by alchol and drugs. The idea that people dont want to join in mainstream lifestyles is not progressive it is more about deviance.
    Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
    Time held me green and dying
    Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

Dylan Thomas

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415